Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

Default Vote for your favorite Fedora 16 release name

The time has come to vote for the release name for Fedora 16. The
Fedora community has submitted quite a few suggestions for the Fedora
16 release name, and that list has been narrowed down to the final
nine candidates. Now you can vote on these names and assist in the
final selection for the successor of Fedora 15 "Lovelock".

This vote begins 5 April 2011 and runs until 11 April 2011 at
23:59:59 UTC. Other important facts:

* We are using the Range Voting method
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Range_voting)

* Ballots may be cast on the Fedora Elections System at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting

* If this is the first time you've used the voting system, you might
want to read the Fedora Elections Guide, currently located at
http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/documents/elections-guide/

* To vote, you must have a valid Fedora Contributors License Agreement
(CLA) and be a member of at least one non-CLA group

To vote, visit: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/relnamef16

Thank you to everyone who helped by contributing names for
consideration, and reviewing the names for the final ballot.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Michel Alexandre Salim

On 04/04/2011 04:04 PM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> The time has come to vote for the release name for Fedora 16. The
> Fedora community has submitted quite a few suggestions for the Fedora
> 16 release name, and that list has been narrowed down to the final
> nine candidates. Now you can vote on these names and assist in the
> final selection for the successor of Fedora 15 "Lovelock".

It's a touch choice between "Beefy Miracle" and "Omoto" -- while the
former is wacky fun, "Omoto" would let us express our concerns for the
Japanese quake/tsunami/nuclear evacuation victims.. (yes, it's in the
opposite corner of Japan, but still)

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim