-   -   Looking for co-maintainers for all my packages (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/509758-looking-co-maintainers-all-my-packages.html)

"Rick L. Vinyard, Jr." 04-04-2011 01:58 PM

Looking for co-maintainers for all my packages

Hello all,

I'm not going to orphan these packages, but I would like to find
co-maintainers for any and all of them as I find myself with less and less
time to give them the full attention they need.

For anyone that does decide to take these on, I would be happy to let you
take the lead with the package.

Here's a summary of the packages I maintain that do not currently have a
co-maintainer:

* bit
* clips
* clipsmm
* conexus
* dbus-cxx
* gimpfx-foundry
* nqc
* papyrus
* tetex-IEEEtran
* xournal

---

Rick

"Nathanael D. Noblet" 04-04-2011 03:43 PM

On 04/04/2011 07:58 AM, Rick L. Vinyard, Jr. wrote:
> * xournal

I use this so I've applied for "co-maintainership"...

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613

Debarshi Ray 04-04-2011 09:48 PM

Looking for co-maintainers for all my packages

> I'm not going to orphan these packages, but I would like to find
> co-maintainers for any and all of them as I find myself with less and less
> time to give them the full attention they need.
> [...]
> * dbus-cxx

With the addition of GDbus in Glib, is dbus-cxx still needed? People should
directly use the C++ bindings from glibmm, shouldn't they?

Regards,
Debarshi--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org

Kevin Kofler 04-05-2011 01:50 PM

Debarshi Ray wrote:
> With the addition of GDbus in Glib, is dbus-cxx still needed? People
> should directly use the C++ bindings from glibmm, shouldn't they?

Not everyone uses GLib…

Kevin Kofler

"Rick L. Vinyard, Jr." 04-05-2011 03:07 PM

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Debarshi Ray wrote:
>> With the addition of GDbus in Glib, is dbus-cxx still needed? People
>> should directly use the C++ bindings from glibmm, shouldn't they?
>
> Not everyone uses GLibâ?¦

Which is actually dbus-cxx' raison d'être.

That, and the skeleton generator from the introspected XML...

--

Rick