Old 03-30-2011, 01:30 PM
R P Herrold

Default What's this /run directory doing on my system and where does it come from?

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> There are many directories already in Fedora that are not
> defined by FHS and even though we have asked them to update
> it (libexec, /selinux /sys etc), there is noone maintaining
> it.

This is stunningly untrue. I've worked for years in the
fields of LSB, FHS and LANANA to make sure there are traceable
paths for such requests. Post the URLs to your bugs in the
LSB / LF tracker if you assert you have done such

-- Russ herrold