FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Tim Niemueller
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

Hi fellow Fedorans.

I'd like to push a minor update of Lua, which incorporates a small
bugfix patch, and some cosmetic fixes to the builds script. First
testing by a proven tester has been done successfully, but I need more
testing to be able to push it, please have a look, try it and comment:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/lua-5.1.4-7.fc14
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/lua-5.1.4-7.fc13

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim Niemueller <tim@niemueller.de> www.niemueller.de
================================================== ===============
Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Michel Alexandre Salim
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

On 03/30/2011 11:48 AM, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> Hi fellow Fedorans.
>
> I'd like to push a minor update of Lua, which incorporates a small
> bugfix patch, and some cosmetic fixes to the builds script. First
> testing by a proven tester has been done successfully, but I need more
> testing to be able to push it, please have a look, try it and comment:
> )
>From my reading of the update policy, actually only a normal karma is
needed (+1 from proventester, +2 total). But I've tested the package
now, all seems in order.

Incidentally, any interest in getting Lua's Rocks deployment system
integrated into Fedora? Been meaning to get this done for a while,
really needs to get it off the ground. Ideally it should be like Python
eggs and Ruby gems -- we need our Lua modules to ship .rocks files so
that these modules don't get a duplicate installation in the user's home
directory.

I'll whip up a Feature page (probably we'll announce it for F-16) if
there's an interest.

--
Michel Alexandre Salim

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

On 03/31/2011 02:31 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
>
> I'll whip up a Feature page (probably we'll announce it for F-16) if
> there's an interest.

Sure. That would be awesome.

Rahul

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Tim Niemueller
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

On 31.03.2011 11:01, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> On 03/30/2011 11:48 AM, Tim Niemueller wrote:
>> Hi fellow Fedorans.
>>
>> I'd like to push a minor update of Lua, which incorporates a small
>> bugfix patch, and some cosmetic fixes to the builds script. First
>> testing by a proven tester has been done successfully, but I need more
>> testing to be able to push it, please have a look, try it and comment:
>> )
>>From my reading of the update policy, actually only a normal karma is
> needed (+1 from proventester, +2 total). But I've tested the package
> now, all seems in order.
>
> Incidentally, any interest in getting Lua's Rocks deployment system
> integrated into Fedora? Been meaning to get this done for a while,
> really needs to get it off the ground. Ideally it should be like Python
> eggs and Ruby gems -- we need our Lua modules to ship .rocks files so
> that these modules don't get a duplicate installation in the user's home
> directory.
>
> I'll whip up a Feature page (probably we'll announce it for F-16) if
> there's an interest.

I never liked these specific deployment systems and rather just built
RPMs in the first place, but if someone is willing to do and *maintain*
it: go for it!

I'll recall the F13 update, no one seems to be willing to test it, it's
EOL soon and nobody shouted loud enough for it.

Tim

--
Tim Niemueller <tim@niemueller.de> www.niemueller.de
================================================== ===============
Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Michel Alexandre Salim
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

On 04/05/2011 01:00 PM, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> On 31.03.2011 11:01, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
>> On 03/30/2011 11:48 AM, Tim Niemueller wrote:
>>> Hi fellow Fedorans.
>>>
>>> I'd like to push a minor update of Lua, which incorporates a small
>>> bugfix patch, and some cosmetic fixes to the builds script. First
>>> testing by a proven tester has been done successfully, but I need more
>>> testing to be able to push it, please have a look, try it and comment:
>>> )
>> >From my reading of the update policy, actually only a normal karma is
>> needed (+1 from proventester, +2 total). But I've tested the package
>> now, all seems in order.
>>
>> Incidentally, any interest in getting Lua's Rocks deployment system
>> integrated into Fedora? Been meaning to get this done for a while,
>> really needs to get it off the ground. Ideally it should be like Python
>> eggs and Ruby gems -- we need our Lua modules to ship .rocks files so
>> that these modules don't get a duplicate installation in the user's home
>> directory.
>>
>> I'll whip up a Feature page (probably we'll announce it for F-16) if
>> there's an interest.
>
> I never liked these specific deployment systems and rather just built
> RPMs in the first place, but if someone is willing to do and *maintain*
> it: go for it!
>
I agree that it's not ideal; however, given that we have a small set of
Lua packages, it probably makes sense to focus on integrating well with
the wide range of Lua "rocks" out there.

I'll of course maintain it -- the nice thing is that we can gradually
convert our Lua packages (I don't think there's a way to automate
creation of rock descriptors, the way there is for Python eggswith
distutils).


Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
GPG key ID: 78884778

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

On 04/05/2011 05:38 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> I'll of course maintain it -- the nice thing is that we can gradually
> convert our Lua packages (I don't think there's a way to automate
> creation of rock descriptors, the way there is for Python eggswith
> distutils).

How much of the metadata can be used for a rocks2spec type of utility?

Rahul
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Matej Cepl
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

Dne 30.3.2011 11:48, Tim Niemueller napsal(a):
> I'd like to push a minor update of Lua, which incorporates a small
> bugfix patch, and some cosmetic fixes to the builds script. First
> testing by a proven tester has been done successfully, but I need more
> testing to be able to push it, please have a look, try it and comment:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but having an attention of Lua fans ...
could somebody do something about
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=551763 (most likely porting
luasec to use luasocket, IMHO)? I believe further development of Lua in
Fedora will be probably hindred by unavailability of SSL support (not
mentioning I would like to move prosody from
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/mcepl/prosody/epel-prosody.repo to
real Fedora).

Thanks,

Matěj
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Matej Cepl
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

Dne 30.3.2011 11:48, Tim Niemueller napsal(a):
> I'd like to push a minor update of Lua, which incorporates a small
> bugfix patch, and some cosmetic fixes to the builds script. First
> testing by a proven tester has been done successfully, but I need more
> testing to be able to push it, please have a look, try it and comment:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but having an attention of Lua fans ...
could somebody do something about
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=551763 (most likely porting
luasec to use luasocket, IMHO)? I believe further development of Lua in
Fedora will be probably hindred by unavailability of SSL support (not
mentioning I would like to move prosody from
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/mcepl/prosody/epel-prosody.repo to
real Fedora).

Thanks,

Matěj

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Tim Niemueller
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

On 06.04.2011 13:21, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Dne 30.3.2011 11:48, Tim Niemueller napsal(a):
>> I'd like to push a minor update of Lua, which incorporates a small
>> bugfix patch, and some cosmetic fixes to the builds script. First
>> testing by a proven tester has been done successfully, but I need more
>> testing to be able to push it, please have a look, try it and comment:
>
> Sorry for hijacking the thread, but having an attention of Lua fans ...
> could somebody do something about
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=551763 (most likely porting
> luasec to use luasocket, IMHO)? I believe further development of Lua in
> Fedora will be probably hindred by unavailability of SSL support (not
> mentioning I would like to move prosody from
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/mcepl/prosody/epel-prosody.repo to
> real Fedora).

So lua-sec contains a modified version of lua-socket? Have you contacted
upstream about the required patches and modifications? If you provide a
proper patch, which maintains compatibility with the current version of
lua-socket, i.e. it only extends it, I'd be willing to take it into the
lua-socket package until upstream accepts the patch.

Be careful what you wish for, I ended up becoming the maintainer of
lua-xmlrpc when filing patches ;-)

Tim

--
Tim Niemueller <tim@niemueller.de> www.niemueller.de
================================================== ===============
Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Matej Cepl
 
Default Proven testers for Lua update

Dne 6.4.2011 15:35, Tim Niemueller napsal(a):
> Be careful what you wish for, I ended up becoming the maintainer of
> lua-xmlrpc when filing patches ;-)

OK, so I will be careful and ask somebody else to package lua-dbi (from
http://code.google.com/p/luadbi/downloads/list). It is new dependency of
new prosody 0.8 (http://blog.prosody.im/prosody-0-8-0-released/) .

Anybody? (will make a package review)

Matěj

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:02 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org