-   -   Broken dependencies: rt3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/467470-broken-dependencies-rt3.html)

Michael Schwendt 12-19-2010 01:32 PM

Broken dependencies: rt3

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:24:56 +0100, Ralf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am mail bombed with mails complaining about broken deps originating
> from those EPEL6-versions of packages I maintain in Fedora.
>
> * I am not these packages' maintainer (I maintain them in Fedora, but do
> not maintain them in EPEL) - Stop this silly mail-bombardment!
>
> * The broken deps these mails are complaining about must have been
> present in EPEL for a long time, because none of these packages has been
> rebuilt recently.
>
> * Please add a human mail contact (reply-to) to these broken mails such
> that people being subject to this kind of bombardment have a chance to
> get some human's reaction. At least all of my attempts to contact those
> individuals on PM of whom I presume to be responsible remained unanswered.
>
> Please understand that this current practice doesn't leave me an
> alternative to filter these mails as "spam".

This is due to a flaw in the Fedora PKGNAME-owner aliases and using them
also for EPEL. There are no separate aliases for EPEL package ownership.

In pkgdb one can see that there is a different owner for the EPEL package:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/rt3

The person has been active in koji a day ago.

Kevin Fenzi 12-19-2010 05:04 PM

Broken dependencies: rt3

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:32:30 +0100
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is due to a flaw in the Fedora PKGNAME-owner aliases and using
> them also for EPEL. There are no separate aliases for EPEL package
> ownership.
>
> In pkgdb one can see that there is a different owner for the EPEL
> package: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/rt3
>
> The person has been active in koji a day ago.

Yeah. ;(

I wish we could more easily target the epel owner(s) of a package.
Especially in such cases where the Fedora maintainer isn't interested
and doesn't have anything to do with the epel branches.

Perhaps we could look at implementing a

$packagename-epel-owner@fedoraproject.org

alias for just the epel branches for a package?

I'll look into that.

kevin

seth vidal 12-20-2010 01:11 PM

Broken dependencies: rt3

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 11:04 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:32:30 +0100
> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is due to a flaw in the Fedora PKGNAME-owner aliases and using
> > them also for EPEL. There are no separate aliases for EPEL package
> > ownership.
> >
> > In pkgdb one can see that there is a different owner for the EPEL
> > package: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/rt3
> >
> > The person has been active in koji a day ago.
>
> Yeah. ;(
>
> I wish we could more easily target the epel owner(s) of a package.
> Especially in such cases where the Fedora maintainer isn't interested
> and doesn't have anything to do with the epel branches.
>
> Perhaps we could look at implementing a
>
> $packagename-epel-owner@fedoraproject.org
>
> alias for just the epel branches for a package?
>
> I'll look into that.

should be pretty trivial to implement.

-sv

Kevin Fenzi 12-20-2010 05:10 PM

Broken dependencies: rt3

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 09:11:21 -0500
seth vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> should be pretty trivial to implement.

yeah, with a bit of help I figured out how to modify the script that
creates the aliases. Sadly, there's a filtering issue in pkgdb, where
it's not filtering by product properly. ;(

I filed a pkgdb ticket:
https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/217

Once thats solved it should be easy to have:

$packagename-owner@fedoraproject.org -> all owners
$packagename-epel-owner@fedoraproject.org -> epel owners only
$packagename-fedora-owner@fedoraproject.org -> fedora owners only.

kevin