Old 12-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Mary Ellen Foster

Default Orphaning all of my packages :(

Other people -- you know who you are, and thank you! -- have
already been doing updates to my various (mostly java-related)
packages in Fedora. However, just to make it formal: due to a
combination of work and personal circumstances, I've had very few
cycles for keeping up with Fedora since last spring or, and I don't
see that changing any time in the near future.

So, I'd like to open up any packages associated with my userid (mef)
in the PackageDB for anyone who can give them more love. Is there an
easier way to accomplish this in the package DB than clicking
"Relinquish Ownership" on each package release individually?

I hope to have more time for Fedora stuff again sometime later in the
new year ...

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278

Old 12-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 03:52:22PM +0000, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> Other people -- you know who you are, and thank you! -- have
> already been doing updates to my various (mostly java-related)
> packages in Fedora. However, just to make it formal: due to a
> combination of work and personal circumstances, I've had very few
> cycles for keeping up with Fedora since last spring or, and I don't
> see that changing any time in the near future.
>
> So, I'd like to open up any packages associated with my userid (mef)
> in the PackageDB for anyone who can give them more love. Is there an
> easier way to accomplish this in the package DB than clicking
> "Relinquish Ownership" on each package release individually?
>
> I hope to have more time for Fedora stuff again sometime later in the
> new year ...

If you have a lot you can open a ticket in the infrastructure trac,
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/

and I or one ofthe cvsadmins can perform the orphaning for you.

I've seen this post by you so I'll go ahead and do that now.

-Toshio

Old 12-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Old 12-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Oliver Falk

Hi!

Just in case someone is looking for the list of her packages:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/mef

I don't have time to do any of these. However, I would love to see
someone taking over gernonimo*, ice, jarjar, javamail, maven*, pl... -
at least....

Mary. Take your time!

-of

Old 12-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

I'm CC'ing comaintainers of the affected packages.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 03:52:22PM +0000, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> Other people -- you know who you are, and thank you! -- have
> already been doing updates to my various (mostly java-related)
> packages in Fedora. However, just to make it formal: due to a
> combination of work and personal circumstances, I've had very few
> cycles for keeping up with Fedora since last spring or, and I don't
> see that changing any time in the near future.
>
> So, I'd like to open up any packages associated with my userid (mef)
> in the PackageDB for anyone who can give them more love. Is there an
> easier way to accomplish this in the package DB than clicking
> "Relinquish Ownership" on each package release individually?
>
> I hope to have more time for Fedora stuff again sometime later in the
> new year ...

The following packages have been orphaned in Fedora 13, 14, and devel:

BibTool -- A Tool for manipulating BibTeX data bases
aduna-commons-concurrent -- Extensions to the Java Concurrency package
aduna-commons-i18n -- Internationalization and localization utilities
aduna-commons-pom -- Aduna commons parent POM
aduna-commons-text -- Manipulate/transform/parse text in various ways
aduna-root-poms -- Root POMs for Aduna projects
apache-resource-bundles -- Apache JAR resource bundle
cglib -- Code generation library for Java
eclipse-slice2java -- A plugin that integrates Eclipse with Ice object
middleware
geronimo-jms -- J2EE JMS v1.1 API
geronimo-jta -- J2EE JTA v1.1 API
geronimo-parent-poms -- Parent POM files for geronimo-specs
ice -- The Ice base runtime and services
janino -- An embedded Java compiler
jarjar -- Jar Jar Links
javamail -- Java Mail API
jgoodies-forms -- Framework to lay out and implement elegant Swing panels in
Java
jgoodies-looks -- Free high-fidelity Windows and multi-platform appearance
kaffeine -- Xine-based media player
latexmk -- A make-like utility for LaTeX files
libgle -- A tubing and extrusion library for OpenGL
logback -- A Java logging library
maven-doxia -- Content generation framework
maven-doxia-tools -- Maven Doxia integration tools
maven-javadoc-plugin -- Maven Javadoc plugin
mcpp -- Alternative C/C++ preprocessor
pdfbook -- Rearrange pages in a PDF file into signatures
pl -- SWI-Prolog - Edinburgh compatible Prolog compiler
swingx -- A collection of Swing components
tetex-elsevier -- Elsevier LaTeX style files and documentation
tetex-tex4ht -- Translates TeX and LaTeX into HTML or XML+MathML
trove4j -- High performance collections for Java

You can pick them up if you like.

-Toshio

Old 12-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Jerry James

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
> The following packages have been orphaned in Fedora 13, 14, and devel:

[snip]

> latexmk -- A make-like utility for LaTeX files

Er, hold on there. I'm the maintainer for that package; mef was
comaintainer. Anyway, it looks like it is not orphaned in packagedb,
so I guess we're okay. More comaintainers are welcome if anyone else
would like to pile on.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/

Old 12-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Jerry James

Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 07:40:39PM -0700, Jerry James wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The following packages have been orphaned in Fedora 13, 14, and devel:
>
> [snip]
>
> > latexmk -- A make-like utility for LaTeX files
>
> Er, hold on there. I'm the maintainer for that package; mef was
> comaintainer. Anyway, it looks like it is not orphaned in packagedb,
> so I guess we're okay. More comaintainers are welcome if anyone else
> would like to pile on.

Ugh -- sorry about that. The actual list of packages was much smaller. The
list I posted to this thread included things that mef had acls on, not just
things that she was owner of (but what I actually changed i nthe db did not
include them).

-Toshio