Old 12-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Ralf Corsepius

Default Why do package pushes to testing take so long?

Hi,

I am waiting for almost 36 hours for packages to land in f13/testing and
f14/testing.

Any particular rationale behind this?

Ralf

Old 12-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Rex Dieter

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am waiting for almost 36 hours for packages to land in
f13/testing and
> f14/testing.
>
> Any particular rationale behind this?

I think it has something to do with the announcement sent a
little earlier:
"Outage: Fedora related services down 2010-12-15 22:00 UTC"

-- Rex

Old 12-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Ralf Corsepius

On 12/16/2010 03:18 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am waiting for almost 36 hours for packages to land in
> f13/testing and
>> f14/testing.
>>
>> Any particular rationale behind this?
>
> I think it has something to do with the announcement sent a
> little earlier:
> "Outage: Fedora related services down 2010-12-15 22:00 UTC"

May-be, I don't know.

All I can say, I submitted the packages ca. 2010-12-15 02:00 UTC and am
waiting since.

Ralf

Old 12-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:14:23 +0100
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:

> On 12/16/2010 03:18 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am waiting for almost 36 hours for packages to land in
> > f13/testing and
> >> f14/testing.
> >>
> >> Any particular rationale behind this?
> >
> > I think it has something to do with the announcement sent a
> > little earlier:
> > "Outage: Fedora related services down 2010-12-15 22:00 UTC"
>
> May-be, I don't know.
>
> All I can say, I submitted the packages ca. 2010-12-15 02:00 UTC and
> am waiting since.

Yes, this is why.

I was unable to start a push yesterday before these issues started and
the outage is ongoing. I can't push until things are back to normal.
Sorry for the delay...

kevin

Old 12-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Ralf Corsepius

On 12/16/2010 05:25 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:14:23 +0100
> Ralf Corsepius<rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:

>>> f13/testing and

>>> I think it has something to do with the announcement sent a
>>> little earlier:
>>> "Outage: Fedora related services down 2010-12-15 22:00 UTC"
>>
>> May-be, I don't know.
>>
>> All I can say, I submitted the packages ca. 2010-12-15 02:00 UTC and
>> am waiting since.
>
> Yes, this is why.
>
> I was unable to start a push yesterday before these issues started and
> the outage is ongoing. I can't push until things are back to normal.
> Sorry for the delay...

Thanks for clarifying this.

Ralf