Old 12-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Kevin Kofler

Default Proposed package blocking due to FTBFS

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Have you considered training up some bugzappers to help triage your
> components? They could at least work on de-duping abrt reports.

Uh, I've pretty much given up on handling ABRT reports entirely. Even if
they were deduped, there are so many different Gnash crashes that's
impossible to handle the flood.

> The ones he's refering to have not built since f12. It's a wonder if
> they work at all.

We're backwards-compatible. At least one package in my CalcForge repository
was built on FC5, it still works and I don't have anything to change in it,
so I don't see why I'd rebuild it.

And several of those packages were building just fine in F13 or even F14,
they just didn't have a rebuild issued in Koji because there was no need for
one. It's only fair to consider the Fedora release the packages was last
built for in Koji if we do a mass rebuild for each release.

Kevin Kofler

Old 12-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Kevin Kofler

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> They shouldn't have to go through a re-review unless they've let the
> package sit in retirement for (I believe it's six months but someone else
> might have the policy URL handy).

Only 3 months.

And if the package doesn't build, the maintainer is probably not going to
commit stuff to it until he can fix the build issue. It's a bit useless to
commit stuff you can't build…

Kevin Kofler

Old 12-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Matt Domsch

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 01:44:54AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Matt Domsch wrote:
> > Last built on Fedora 12 (52):
>
> Huh?
>
> The right metric is not "when was this last built" but "when was this last
> BUILDABLE". We don't randomly rebuild stuff which doesn't need to be
> rebuilt.
>
> E.g.:
> > celestia-1.5.1-2.fc12 [u'631077 NEW'] (build/make) steve,mmahut
> (the first one on that list) is in F14FTBFS, so it should be recorded as
> last buildable in F13 / during early F14 development.

Fair point, I simply looked at the dist tag when making that list,
instead of looking at the decendents of F*FTBFS which captures the
"when" better. Doesn't change that I'd like to seem them all fixed if
possible (and several have been since I posted the list), or dropped if
impossible (and a few have been blocked by their owners now as being
dead upstream, unfixable, and/or obsoleted).

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist

Old 12-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Henrik Nordström

ons 2010-12-08 klockan 11:41 +0000 skrev Peter Robinson:

> It was my understanding that abrt was suppose to block on backtraces
> without debuginfo but I still regularly get bugs with little or no
> decent info.

True. I accidently filed a such abrt report some time ago. I assumed it
would fetch the needed debug info as I am used to but for some reason it
did not.

> What's worse is often they are the first report and abrt
> de-dupes against that report and still doesn't automatically either
> update the backtrace with a complete one from other reports or attach
> a new one.

Yes, that slowed down processing of the above bug quite a lot.

Regards
Henrik