FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Curtis Doty
 
Default using anonymous git

Catching up on the new paradigm...after a bit of tinkering, I've finally
found the new git'fied:

fedpkg clone -a -B foo

equivalent to the old:

cvs -qdserver:anonymous@cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/pkgs co foo

But alas, after I have my anonymous clone, I cannot update it with the
freshest upstream source.

In the old cvs world, this what was as simple as a 'cvs up' inside the pkg
dir or a branch subdir.

But the equivalent 'git pull' doesn't work as I'd expect. It appears the
clone -B option above sets the wrong non-anonymous url inside each branch.
Am I missing something?

../C

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Ricky Zhou
 
Default using anonymous git

On 2010-12-05 04:56:36 PM, Curtis Doty wrote:
> But the equivalent 'git pull' doesn't work as I'd expect. It appears the
> clone -B option above sets the wrong non-anonymous url inside each branch.
> Am I missing something?
Nope, looks like you found a bug. Here's a patch that should fix it.

http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/fedpkg/0001-Handle-anonymous-clones-in-clone_with_dirs.patch

Thanks,
Ricky
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Curtis Doty
 
Default using anonymous git

8:08pm Ricky Zhou said:

> On 2010-12-05 04:56:36 PM, Curtis Doty wrote:
>> But the equivalent 'git pull' doesn't work as I'd expect. It appears the
>> clone -B option above sets the wrong non-anonymous url inside each branch.
>> Am I missing something?
> Nope, looks like you found a bug. Here's a patch that should fix it.
>
> http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/fedpkg/0001-Handle-anonymous-clones-in-clone_with_dirs.patch
>

patching file __init__.py
Hunk #1 succeeded at 403 (offset -28 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 434 (offset -28 lines).

Righton, thanks. It even works here against f14 current.

../C

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Curtis Doty
 
Default using anonymous git

Sunday Curtis Doty said:

> 8:08pm Ricky Zhou said:
>
>> On 2010-12-05 04:56:36 PM, Curtis Doty wrote:
>>> But the equivalent 'git pull' doesn't work as I'd expect. It appears the
>>> clone -B option above sets the wrong non-anonymous url inside each branch.
>>> Am I missing something?
>> Nope, looks like you found a bug. Here's a patch that should fix it.
>>
>> http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/fedpkg/0001-Handle-anonymous-clones-in-clone_with_dirs.patch
>>
>
> patching file __init__.py
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 403 (offset -28 lines).
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 434 (offset -28 lines).
>
> Righton, thanks. It even works here against f14 current.
>

Logged http://bugzilla.redhat.com/660183 FYI and a workaround posted.

../C

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org