Old 12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Christoph Wickert

Default Testing Xfce 4.8 pre 2 packages available

Hi there,

I have packaged Xfce 4-8 pre 2 for Fedora 14 and Rawhide. You can find
the packages at

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/cwickert/xfce-4.8/

The repo is far from complete. ATM it is still rsyncing and Fedora 13 is
still building. Also a couple of applications that need a rebuild (e.g.
xfce4-mixer) are missing and so are most of the goodies. I will continue
to work on this.

For more information on Xfce 4.8 in Fedora, please take a look at the
feature page at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Xfce48

Feedback welcome!

Regards,
Christoph

P.S.: The old repo at http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/repo is gone.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Gilboa Davara

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 00:01 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have packaged Xfce 4-8 pre 2 for Fedora 14 and Rawhide. You can find
> the packages at
>
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/cwickert/xfce-4.8/

> The repo is far from complete. ATM it is still rsyncing and Fedora 13 is
> still building. Also a couple of applications that need a rebuild (e.g.
> xfce4-mixer) are missing and so are most of the goodies. I will continue
> to work on this.
>
> For more information on Xfce 4.8 in Fedora, please take a look at the
> feature page at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Xfce48
>
> Feedback welcome!
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

Thanks!

Should I report missing deps?

- Gilboa

Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Montag, den 06.12.2010, 14:42 +0200 schrieb Gilboa Davara:
> On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 00:01 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have packaged Xfce 4-8 pre 2 for Fedora 14 and Rawhide. You can find
> > the packages at
> >
> > http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/cwickert/xfce-4.8/
>

> > The repo is far from complete. ATM it is still rsyncing and Fedora 13 is
> > still building. Also a couple of applications that need a rebuild (e.g.
> > xfce4-mixer) are missing and so are most of the goodies. I will continue
> > to work on this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Should I report missing deps?

Not necessary, I am aware of it, that's why it is not in rawhide yet.

If somebody has the time to go through all the panel plugins and see if
they still build, a list of the failed ones is appreciated.

Thanks,
Christoph