Old 12-04-2010, 07:01 AM
MichaƂ Piotrowski

Default question about nautilius actions

Hi,

I wrote a small program, that works as frontend for filesystem
defragmentation tools (ext4, xfs and btrfs)
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=464699&action=edit

I want to execute it from nautilius context menu - unfortunately
nautilius-actions-config-tool seems to be busted on rawhide, so I
tried

nautilius-actions-new -l "Defrag" -e -x /home/michal/bin/defrag.py -p
"-d -o " -f -d

and now I can't run nautilius (this can also be caused by the last
update, I did in the meantime - after reboot some things in Gnome do
not work as expected)

In short, I would like to add to the context menu two actions - one
for defraging file/dir and one fo checking fragmentation - as
presented below

Filesystem defragmentation
defrag -d -o /mnt/dir
http://i56.tinypic.com/e89v1x.png

Informations about filesystem fragmentation
defrag -o /mnt/dir
http://i53.tinypic.com/231m48.png

How to do something like this and don't break things?

--
Best regards,
Michal

Sent from my iToaster