Old 12-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Adam Williamson

Default Critical path test case creation process

Hi, everyone. Further to the recent discussions on both lists about the
benefits of providing specific test cases for critical path testing, I
have opened a trac ticket to track this process:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/154

over the next few days I'll be filing tickets for the components that
have so far been identified as obvious candidates for such test cases
(off the top of my head, so far, we have PackageKit, the kernel,
openldap and a few others). We can then start creating test cases. I'm
hoping to work with Luke and Till to integrate this process with bodhi
and fedora-easy-karma, so they can provide interfaces to the test cases
and make it easy to provide test case-specific feedback to Bodhi. This
will work best when Bodhi has non-numeric karma, but we could bodge
something up via fedora-easy-karma before that, using stock comment
texts.

Contributions from anyone are greatly welcomed! Thanks. Anyone can help
create test cases; it's really pretty simple (it just involves creating
a new Wiki page with a name in the correct format - I'll figure out a
naming scheme for these test cases soon - based on the test case
template, and filling in the steps into the template; it only takes a
few minutes to create a simple test case). Maintainers of critical path
packages can certainly help by letting me know, on list or in a trac
ticket or by carrier pigeon or any other way , broadly anything that
needs to be done to properly test their packages, particularly critical
path packages.

Thanks again.
--
Adam Williamson