Old 12-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Albert Strasheim

Default Go frontend, GCC 4.6, F15

Hello all

The Go frontend has been committed to GCC trunk:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-12/msg00117.html

I checked the wiki, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of GCC
4.6 on the F15 feature list:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15/FeatureList

Does anybody have any idea on the plans for GCC 4.6 and F15, and what
kind of work would have to be done to get the Go frontend included?

Assuming it could happen, I would like to contribute any help I can.

Regards

Albert

Old 12-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Jakub Jelinek

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 08:28:20PM +0200, Albert Strasheim wrote:
> The Go frontend has been committed to GCC trunk:

> I checked the wiki, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of GCC
> 4.6 on the F15 feature list:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15/FeatureList
>
> Does anybody have any idea on the plans for GCC 4.6 and F15, and what
> kind of work would have to be done to get the Go frontend included?

Our goal is to have GCC 4.6 as the system compiler in F15, we're currently
working hard upstream bugfixing and stabilizing it. I'll write a F15
feature page soon.

Jakub