-   -   Adding a new comps group (WAS A comps group for the Design Suite) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/460835-adding-new-comps-group-comps-group-design-suite.html)

Rich Mattes 12-03-2010 04:02 PM

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds great to me.

> Bill

Hello,

Feature page is here[1]

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Design_Suite_Group

Thanks,

regards,

Ankur

So what exactly is the process for getting a new group into comps?* The wiki[1] indicates that one just needs to consult the devel list for approval.* Over on the Robotics SIG list, we are throwing around the idea of adding a Robotics group to comps.xml, in tandem with our stalled Spin effort for F15.* With or without a Robotics spin, our own comps group would be beneficial: it keeps all of the important packages in one place and lets the community know that we take robotics very seriously.* I think it's in a similar vein as the design suite or the electronics lab, and it's something we can add to our F15 feature page[2].

Rich

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Comps.xml
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RoboticsSpin