Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Rudolf Kastl

Default meego session (fedora netbook) broken in rawhide

After installing the complete stack yesterday and trying to login i
figured that it doesent work in the current state. Havent deeply
analyzed it but the first errors in the logs are related to consolekit
[00.000067]

[11545] user "rkastl", tty #2, session "/usr/bin/mutter --sm-disable"
[00.014231] [11545] Error: Unable to open session with ConsoleKit:
org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: Rejected
send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.285"
(uid=501 pid=11545 comm="/usr/sbin/uxlaunch)
interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
member="OpenSessionWithParameters" error name="(unset)"
requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" (uid=0
pid=1857 comm="/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon))
[00.014231] [11545] Error: Unable to open session with ConsoleKit:
org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: Rejected
send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.285"
(uid=501 pid=11545 comm="/usr/sbin/uxlaunch)
interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
member="OpenSessionWithParameters" error name="(unset)"
requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" (uid=0
pid=1857 comm="/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon))

not sure if it is already reported or worth reporting with the current
rawhide state (or any changes already pending fixing it)

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl

p.s. i hope that at some point mutter-mbl is either obsolete because
the changes are finally upstream or atleast properly packaged so it is
parallel installable. this issue is present since ages now and in
fedora 15 it will lead to conflicts with the gnome-shell setup. both
sessions wont be parallel installable.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Peter Robinson

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Rudolf Kastl <che666@gmail.com> wrote:
> After installing the complete stack yesterday and trying to login i
> figured that it doesent work in the current state. Havent deeply
> analyzed it but the first errors in the logs are related to consolekit
> [00.000067]
>
> [11545] user "rkastl", tty #2, session "/usr/bin/mutter --sm-disable"
> [00.014231] [11545] Error: Unable to open session with ConsoleKit:
> org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: Rejected
> send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.285"
> (uid=501 pid=11545 comm="/usr/sbin/uxlaunch)
> interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
> member="OpenSessionWithParameters" error name="(unset)"
> requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" (uid=0
> pid=1857 comm="/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon))
> [00.014231] [11545] Error: Unable to open session with ConsoleKit:
> org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: Rejected
> send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.285"
> (uid=501 pid=11545 comm="/usr/sbin/uxlaunch)
> interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
> member="OpenSessionWithParameters" error name="(unset)"
> requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" (uid=0
> pid=1857 comm="/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon))
>
> not sure if it is already reported or worth reporting with the current
> rawhide state (or any changes already pending fixing it)

Its already reported. See RHBZ # 642943 , the MeeGo problem in general
is being tracked in # 628921

The session is starting and I get some popups (selinux etc) but I get
the white screen, the above bug doesn't seem to affect it too much,
I'm at a bit of a loss where to go from here but the opensuse guys are
seeing it as well with meego 1.1 on opensuse 11.4 so we're not alone.
I suspect some change in some api or similar but I'm really not sure
where to go from here and any help is appreciated. Planning a blog
post about it very soon.

> kind regards,
> Rudolf Kastl
>
> p.s. i hope that at some point mutter-mbl is either obsolete because
> the changes are finally upstream or atleast properly packaged so it is
> parallel installable. this issue is present since ages now and in
> fedora 15 it will lead to conflicts with the gnome-shell setup. both
> sessions wont be parallel installable.

Nope, not fixed as yet, I keep getting told by both parties "soon" but
still no movement. Sort of flies in the face of MeeGo's upstream first
policy and I would love to see the problem closed.

Cheers,
peter