Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 AM
Jörn Rink

Default fedora 14 thinkpad T60 radeon cause xorg server crash

Hi,
since i upgraded from f13 to f14, i have problems with the radeon
driver.

It looks like a kernel problem, because fedora 14 and the xorg driver
has no problem, i can work with it. Also my own compiled kernel, based
on f13 latest kernel, works with f14.

Now i read about UMS and KMS and i want ask, how i can check which is
working and how can i switch from ums to kms or vice versa?

i am willing to debug, but only, when i will not get any answer (which
i found in googling around) "we only support the kernel configs which
are in fedora 14). These answers i get the whole time from the global
players in my daily buisiness.

Because i am not reading the dev group the whole day, feel free to
write me a private email.

PS:Yesterday i cmpile a new kernel without radeon, and the X driver
works. So it seems to be the kernel radeon module.

regards,
Joern Rink
--
Nine (not 9)