Old 12-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Rex Dieter

Default exiv2 soname bump

exiv2-0.21 was released recently, and includes a soname bump. I plan on
importing this into rawhide next week sometime, if all goes well.

Here's a scratch build for testing,

I've done a few test builds of the items below, and the only one that
ftbfs is pyexiv2 (a usual suspect, being a low-level binding).

and a list of affected pkgs,
$ repoquery --repoid=rawhide-source --archlist=src
--whatrequires exiv2-devel | sort
darktable-0:0.7-1.fc15.src
geeqie-0:1.0-4.fc14.src
gipfel-0:0.3.2-5.fc15.src
gnome-color-manager-0:2.91.2-1.fc15.src
gnome-commander-3:1.2.8.8-3.fc15.1.src
gpscorrelate-0:1.6.1-2.fc14.src
gthumb-0:2.12.1-1.fc15.src
hugin-0:2010.2.0-1.fc15.src
immix-0:1.3.2-9.fc14.src
kdebase-runtime-0:4.5.80-3.fc15.src
kdegraphics-7:4.5.80-2.fc15.src
kipi-plugins-0:1.6.0-1.fc15.src
koffice-3:2.2.84-2.fc15.src
kphotoalbum-0:4.1.1-7.fc15.src
krename-0:4.0.5-1.fc15.src
libextractor-0:0.6.2-1503.fc15.src
libgexiv2-0:0.2.0-1.fc15.src
merkaartor-0:0.16.3-1.fc15.src
pyexiv2-0:0.2.2-2.fc15.src
qtpfsgui-0:1.9.3-5.fc14.src
rawstudio-0:1.2-6.fc15.20100907svn3521.src
strigi-0:0.7.2-6.fc15.src
ufraw-0:0.17-1.fc14.src

Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Matej Cepl

Dne 1.12.2010 15:59, Rex Dieter napsal(a):
> I've done a few test builds of the items below, and the only one that
> ftbfs is pyexiv2 (a usual suspect, being a low-level binding).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/pyexiv2/+bug/684177

I will work with upstream to fix it.

Best,

Matěj

Old 12-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Matej Cepl

Dne 2.12.2010 15:18, Matej Cepl napsal(a):
> Dne 1.12.2010 15:59, Rex Dieter napsal(a):
>> I've done a few test builds of the items below, and the only one that
>> ftbfs is pyexiv2 (a usual suspect, being a low-level binding).
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/pyexiv2/+bug/684177
>
> I will work with upstream to fix it.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/pyexiv2/+bug/684177/comments/3

and yes it builds locally.

Matěj

Old 12-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Matej Cepl

Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Rex Dieter

Rex Dieter wrote:

> exiv2-0.21 was released recently, and includes a soname bump. I plan on
> importing this into rawhide next week sometime, if all goes well.
>
> Here's a scratch build for testing,
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2636872
>
> I've done a few test builds of the items below, and the only one that
> ftbfs is pyexiv2 (a usual suspect, being a low-level binding).

one more ftbfs, libgexiv2-0:0.2.0-1.fc15.src , I tried the latest 0.2.1 too,
and there seems to be no upstream ticket yet either. Will try to delay
until we hear from our own libgexiv2 maintainer(s) or it's upstream.

-- Rex

Old 12-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Rex Dieter

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>> exiv2-0.21 was released recently, and includes a soname bump. I plan on
>> importing this into rawhide next week sometime, if all goes well.
>>
>> Here's a scratch build for testing,
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2636872
>>
>> I've done a few test builds of the items below, and the only one that
>> ftbfs is pyexiv2 (a usual suspect, being a low-level binding).
>
> one more ftbfs, libgexiv2-0:0.2.0-1.fc15.src , I tried the latest 0.2.1
> too,
> and there seems to be no upstream ticket yet either. Will try to delay
> until we hear from our own libgexiv2 maintainer(s) or it's upstream.

filed, http://trac.yorba.org/ticket/2913

-- Rex