Old 11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Joćo Neto

Default /proc/acpi/fan empty and CPUFan never Stop

Hello.
I Have a HP g42 series notebook, in Fedora 14 x64 the CPU Fan never stop.
In notebook bios have a option: FAN AWAYS On <Disabled>
But the Fan Never stop, on Fedora.

The directory /proc/acpi/fan is empty, the chipset driver do not discovery my cpufan driver?
I Running Fedora 14 x64 on HP G42 250Br ( Intel*5 Series/3400Series Chipset Family ) on Core i3 330M;

Anyone can help me to solve this problem?
Thanks!
--
Atenciosamente,

Joćo Gomes da Silva NetoPeixeWeb - Marketing para a Internet | www.peixeweb.com.br

+55 85 88664963Skype: joao.gsnetoGtalk: joao.gsneto[at]gmail.com
@joao_neto | http://www.joaoneto.blog.br

Old 11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Joćo Neto

I Running Fedora 14 x64 on HP G42 250Br ( Intel*5 Series/3400Series Chipset Family ) on Core i3 330M;

After boot, the CPU temp is 58ŗ C, after 1 or 2 minutes, without any operation, the CPU tem is 78ŗ C, this is a kernel bug?A Have a friend with some problem with other Linux ou core i3 notebook.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Thomas Spura

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:23:31 -0300
Joćo Neto wrote:

> 2010/11/24 Joćo Neto <joao.gsneto@gmail.com>
>
> > I Running Fedora 14 x64 on HP G42 250Br ( Intel 5 Series/3400Series
> > Chipset Family ) on Core i3 330M;
> >

> After boot, the CPU temp is 58ŗ C, after 1 or 2 minutes, without any
> operation, the CPU tem is 78ŗ C, this is a kernel bug?
> A Have a friend with some problem with other Linux ou core i3
> notebook.

Nice, I have similar problems on a touchsmart tx2 (AMD Turion 64 X2
RM-77 2.3GHz). Don't know if it's related to fc14, because currently I
use an older notebook again, but since you have a similar problem, it
seems to...

Thomas