Old 11-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Steve Dickson

Default Howto: Create a new package and retiring a package

Hello,

Currently the nfs-utils-lib package has two libraries,
libnfsidmap and librpcsecgss. librpcsecgss is no longer
needed since it was functionally replaced by libtirpc and
now that I'm the upstream maintainer of libnfsidmap,
I would like make that its own standalone package.

So what/where are the steps I need to take to retire
nfs-utils-lib and create a new libnfsidmap package...

tia,

steved.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"

SD> So what/where are the steps I need to take to retire nfs-utils-lib
SD> and create a new libnfsidmap package...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

And I think you're probably pretty familiar with the process of
submitting new packages to the distribution. Review ticket, review, SCM
request, import, build, update.

- J<

Old 11-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Steve Dickson

On 11/20/2010 02:10 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> SD> So what/where are the steps I need to take to retire nfs-utils-lib
> SD> and create a new libnfsidmap package...
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
>
> And I think you're probably pretty familiar with the process of
> submitting new packages to the distribution. Review ticket, review, SCM
> request, import, build, update.
Got it... thanks!

steved.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:17 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 02:00:35PM -0500, Steve Dickson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently the nfs-utils-lib package has two libraries,
> libnfsidmap and librpcsecgss. librpcsecgss is no longer
> needed since it was functionally replaced by libtirpc and

Are you happy about the licensing of libtirpc? I was worried about
this commit where the license seems to have been changed unilaterally:

http://libtirpc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/libtirpc/trunk/COPYING?view=log

There are other forks of TI-RPC. I wrote about some of them here:
http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/secure_rpc/ (section 3.13)

Rich.

virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines. Boot with a
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v

Old 12-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Steve Dickson

> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 02:00:35PM -0500, Steve Dickson wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Currently the nfs-utils-lib package has two libraries,
>> libnfsidmap and librpcsecgss. librpcsecgss is no longer
>> needed since it was functionally replaced by libtirpc and
>
> Are you happy about the licensing of libtirpc? I was worried about
> this commit where the license seems to have been changed unilaterally:
>
> http://libtirpc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/libtirpc/trunk/COPYING?view=log
>
> There are other forks of TI-RPC. I wrote about some of them here:
> http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/secure_rpc/ (section 3.13)
Yes... Spot got all that worked with both Sun and then Oracle...
We are good go...

steved.