Old 11-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Zoltan Kota

Default pathway rawhide..branched

Hi,

Is there an automatic/smooth and/or recommended way to switch from rawhide
to the branched-devel (when branching is being done) dist?
E.g. Now I can upgrade my F14 to devel. Later when F15 is branched I would
like to follow F15 and not devel. Is it possible automatically or I need
to tweak my system manually. Last time I missed the 'branching point' and
I got the updates from rawhide.
Sorry if I missed some trivial info somewhere!

Zoltan

Old 11-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Stephen Gallagher

Old 11-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Kevin Kofler

Zoltan Kota wrote:
> E.g. Now I can upgrade my F14 to devel. Later when F15 is branched I would
> like to follow F15 and not devel. Is it possible automatically or I need
> to tweak my system manually. Last time I missed the 'branching point' and
> I got the updates from rawhide.

The new "yum distro-sync" functionality should help fixing the mess if that
happens again.

Kevin Kofler