Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Marius Andreiana

Default does fedora maven eclipse plugin work?

On Wed , Nov 17, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@redhat.com> wrote:

On 11/17/2010 06:52 PM, Marius Andreiana wrote:

> Hi,

> Trying to clarify this here instead of bugzilla...

> After a

> yum -y install 'java-*-openjdk-devel' eclipse-anyedit eclipse-checkstyle

> eclipse-dtp eclipse-emf eclipse-jdt eclipse-mylyn eclipse-mylyn-java

> eclipse-platform eclipse-pydev eclipse-pydev-mylyn eclipse-subclipse

> eclipse-svnkit maven-eclipse-plugin

> and using eclipse with a new user account, it doesn't appear to have the

> plugin setup. e.g. File -> Import -> Maven is missing. File -> New -> Other

> -> Maven is also missing.

> Am *I* missing something?

I believe you are a bit mistaken. maven-eclipse-plugin is plugin *for*

maven to support creating eclipse project files from pom.xml [1]

There must be other package you are looking for, but I'll let someone

else answer that part of you inquiry (since I have no idea :-) ).
Ah, I was looking for http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/ , guess this isn't packaged

Old 11-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Alexander Kurtakov

On 09:20:18 pm Wednesday, November 17, 2010 Marius Andreiana wrote:
> On Wed , Nov 17, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Stanislav Ochotnicky <
>
> sochotnicky@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On 11/17/2010 06:52 PM, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Trying to clarify this here instead of bugzilla...
> > >
> > > After a
> > > yum -y install 'java-*-openjdk-devel' eclipse-anyedit
> > > eclipse-checkstyle eclipse-dtp eclipse-emf eclipse-jdt eclipse-mylyn
> > > eclipse-mylyn-java eclipse-platform eclipse-pydev eclipse-pydev-mylyn
> > > eclipse-subclipse eclipse-svnkit maven-eclipse-plugin
> > >
> > > and using eclipse with a new user account, it doesn't appear to have
> > > the plugin setup. e.g. File -> Import -> Maven is missing. File -> New
> > > ->
> >
> > Other
> >
> > > -> Maven is also missing.
> > >
> > > Am *I* missing something?
> >
> > I believe you are a bit mistaken. maven-eclipse-plugin is plugin *for*
> > maven to support creating eclipse project files from pom.xml [1]
> >
> > There must be other package you are looking for, but I'll let someone
> > else answer that part of you inquiry (since I have no idea :-) ).
>
> Ah, I was looking for http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/ , guess this isn't
> packaged

Are you interested in helping us getting m2eclipse packaged and available on
Fedora?
If yes please join #fedora-java on freenode.net or say so on this mailing list
and I'll help as much as possible for this to become a reality.

Alexander Kurtakov

Old 11-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Marius Andreiana

Are you interested in helping us getting m2eclipse packaged and available on

Fedora?*
If yes please join #fedora-java on freenode.net or say so on this mailing list

and I'll help as much as possible for this to become a reality.
Without making any promises, I'll add this to my TODO list. I'll write to you in ~1 month requesting help on it, if nobody took it on until then.