Old 11-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Marius Andreiana

Default does fedora maven eclipse plugin work?

Hi,

Trying to clarify this here instead of bugzilla...

After a
yum -y install 'java-*-openjdk-devel' eclipse-anyedit eclipse-checkstyle eclipse-dtp eclipse-emf eclipse-jdt eclipse-mylyn eclipse-mylyn-java eclipse-platform eclipse-pydev eclipse-pydev-mylyn eclipse-subclipse eclipse-svnkit maven-eclipse-plugin

and using eclipse with a new user account, it doesn't appear to have the plugin setup. e.g. File -> Import -> Maven is missing. File -> New -> Other -> Maven is also missing.

Am *I* missing something?

Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Stanislav Ochotnicky

On 11/17/2010 06:52 PM, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to clarify this here instead of bugzilla...
>
> After a
> yum -y install 'java-*-openjdk-devel' eclipse-anyedit eclipse-checkstyle
> eclipse-dtp eclipse-emf eclipse-jdt eclipse-mylyn eclipse-mylyn-java
> eclipse-platform eclipse-pydev eclipse-pydev-mylyn eclipse-subclipse
> eclipse-svnkit maven-eclipse-plugin
>
> and using eclipse with a new user account, it doesn't appear to have the
> plugin setup. e.g. File -> Import -> Maven is missing. File -> New -> Other
> -> Maven is also missing.
>
> Am *I* missing something?

I believe you are a bit mistaken. maven-eclipse-plugin is plugin *for*
maven to support creating eclipse project files from pom.xml [1]

There must be other package you are looking for, but I'll let someone
else answer that part of you inquiry (since I have no idea :-) ).

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/

PGP: 71A1677C
Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com