Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Jon Masters

Default NFS in rawhide

Hi,

Quick question. I always had NFS starting on startup on a particular
rawhide box. Today it didn't, and I notice that /etc/rc2|3.d/S390nfs was
missing aswell. Did something remove these links and not replace them?

Jon.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 AM
"Clyde E. Kunkel"

On 11/17/2010 02:26 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 14:14 -0500, Ric Wheeler wrote:
>><snip>
>
> Yes, thanks Ric, your reply to me was most helpful.
>
> Jon.

What was the reply?

TIA

Regards,
OldFart

Old 11-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Peter Jones

> Quick question. I always had NFS starting on startup on a particular
> rawhide box. Today it didn't, and I notice that /etc/rc2|3.d/S390nfs was
> missing aswell. Did something remove these links and not replace them?

This isn't really the list for help questions.

--
Peter

Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Jon Masters

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 13:12 -0500, Peter Jones wrote:
> > Quick question. I always had NFS starting on startup on a particular
> > rawhide box. Today it didn't, and I notice that /etc/rc2|3.d/S390nfs was
> > missing aswell. Did something remove these links and not replace them?
>
> This isn't really the list for help questions.

And I wasn't asking for help. I'm more than able to install and run my
NFS server. I was politely asking if someone poking at init scripts
affected NFS in the process. But whatever, if it's somehow bothering
that I even ask, I'll just not bother next time.

Jon.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Ric Wheeler

On 11/17/2010 02:02 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 13:12 -0500, Peter Jones wrote:
>>> Quick question. I always had NFS starting on startup on a particular
>>> rawhide box. Today it didn't, and I notice that /etc/rc2|3.d/S390nfs was
>>> missing aswell. Did something remove these links and not replace them?
>> This isn't really the list for help questions.
> And I wasn't asking for help. I'm more than able to install and run my
> NFS server. I was politely asking if someone poking at init scripts
> affected NFS in the process. But whatever, if it's somehow bothering
> that I even ask, I'll just not bother next time.
>
> Jon.

We definitely do want to know if NFS breaks in rawhide and did respond,
definitely not a waste of time.

Thanks!

Ric

Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM