Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
John Poelstra

Default Welcoming New Fedora Program Manager Robyn Bergeron

Jared Smith made an announcement in his blog [1] about some upcoming
personnel changes in Fedora. I wanted to make a specific announcement
to the Fedora lists as well.

Through the end of 2010 and a little bit beyond, I will be working along
side Robyn Bergeron to transition my official Fedora responsibilities to
her. This will include getting the Fedora 15 team schedules into shape,
feature wrangling, bugzilla maintenance, and any number of other things.
Robyn and I are committed to making this transition as smooth,
complete and timely as we can, and expect the transition to be completed
before the Fedora 15 feature submission deadline. Said a different way,
if you've already been working with me on something, I'll continue to
help you with it. For all new topics, please contact Robyn directly and
we will work together as necessary to get them done.

One of the luxuries of my position was keeping tabs on most of the teams
in Fedora via their mailing lists. I won't have as much time for this
going forward so I'll be scaling back the number of mailing lists I
watch and contribute to. If I posted to a list in the past, please
don't assume I'll automatically see your message there in the future.
Also please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you feel the need
to do so.

Fedora, it's been a great ride. We've made great progress in the past
three years and I'm thankful you let me be a part of it. Here's to
wishing only the best to Robyn in her new role serving the Fedora community!

John

p.s. I'm still looking forward to and rooting for an on time Fedora 15
release.

[1] http://www.jaredsmith.net/2010/11/10/changing-of-the-seasons/

Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Christopher Brown

Hi John,

On 15 November 2010 23:44, John Poelstra <poelstra@redhat.com> wrote:
> Jared Smith made an announcement in his blog [1] about some upcoming
> personnel changes in Fedora. *I wanted to make a specific announcement
> to the Fedora lists as well.
>
> Through the end of 2010 and a little bit beyond, I will be working along
> side Robyn Bergeron to transition my official Fedora responsibilities to
> her. *This will include getting the Fedora 15 team schedules into shape,
> feature wrangling, bugzilla maintenance, and any number of other things.
> *Robyn and I are committed to making this transition as smooth,
> complete and timely as we can, and expect the transition to be completed
> before the Fedora 15 feature submission deadline. *Said a different way,
> if you've already been working with me on something, I'll continue to
> help you with it. *For all new topics, please contact Robyn directly and
> we will work together as necessary to get them done.
>
> One of the luxuries of my position was keeping tabs on most of the teams
> in Fedora via their mailing lists. *I won't have as much time for this
> going forward so I'll be scaling back the number of mailing lists I
> watch and contribute to. *If I posted to a list in the past, please
> don't assume I'll automatically see your message there in the future.
> Also please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you feel the need
> to do so.
>
> Fedora, it's been a great ride. We've made great progress in the past
> three years and I'm thankful you let me be a part of it. Here's to
> wishing only the best to Robyn in her new role serving the Fedora community!
>
> John
>
> p.s. I'm still looking forward to and rooting for an on time Fedora 15
> release.
>
> [1] http://www.jaredsmith.net/2010/11/10/changing-of-the-seasons/

Your efforts in Fedora have been outstanding. Have enjoyed seeing
feature lists whipped into shape and the formation of a new release.

Robyn has some big shoes to fill!

Regards

--
Christopher Brown