Old 11-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Frank Murphy

Default External HD fs was: Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

On 15/11/10 13:54, Richard Zidlicky wrote:
<snip>

> there are very good reasons to use anything but DOS-FAT. For example
> F10 and F12 automount said filesystems with drastically different options
> by default (filename downcasing), using any other FS avoids this trap
> and many other issues.
>
> Richard

What would you reccomend?
That would attched itself nicely
to Win <=7, and Mac <=Leopard
out of the box (so to speak)

Without being expelled from College.
(we're talking Linux is evil incarnate territory)

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora