Old 11-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Rudolf Kastl

Default boot.fedoraproject.org default repo on installation

Heyyas. I actually gave boot.fedoraproject.org a testrun and i
realized that by default a repository called "installation" is
selected with a static repo url. instead i have actually figured that
selecting the usual standard fedora repositories work aswell and they
point to the mirrorlist instead. Why is a seperate installation repo
selected by default?

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl

Old 11-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Matt Domsch

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 02:02:28PM +0100, Rudolf Kastl wrote:
> Heyyas. I actually gave boot.fedoraproject.org a testrun and i
> realized that by default a repository called "installation" is
> selected with a static repo url. instead i have actually figured that
> selecting the usual standard fedora repositories work aswell and they
> point to the mirrorlist instead. Why is a seperate installation repo
> selected by default?

I use this setup for installs from behind my firewalls, where I would
need an HTTP proxy to reach the normal Fedora mirrorlist public repos,
but where my installation repo is inside the firewall, so install can
complete, and I can later instruct yum to use a proxy to get updates
etc.

Thanks,
Matt

--