Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Default Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-11-10)

Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
meeting tomorrow at 18:30UTC (1:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
irc.freenode.net.

= Followups =

#topic Updates policy

#351 Create a policy for updates - status report on implementation
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351
#382 Implementing Stable Release Vision
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/382

* F12 critical path/update testing issues. (does it matter this close to EOL?)
* Need work on stats to see trends with new policy.
* Need to investigate a 'new features' repo setup.
* Need to look at education/enforcement

= New business =

#topic ELECTIONS
* Need someone to help coordinate townhalls/etc.

#topic #485 Revisit Bundled Libraries process
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/485

#topic #486 Plan Fedora 12 EOL
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/486

#topic #487 Approve Fedora 15 Schedule
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/487

= Fedora Engineering Services tickets =

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/report/6

= Open Floor =

For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The
report of the agenda items can be found at
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9

If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco,
e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during
the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until
the following meeting.

kevin

Old 11-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Adam Williamson

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 12:02 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
> meeting tomorrow at 18:30UTC (1:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
> irc.freenode.net.
>
> = Followups =
>
> #topic Updates policy
>
> #351 Create a policy for updates - status report on implementation
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351
> #382 Implementing Stable Release Vision
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/382
>
> * F12 critical path/update testing issues. (does it matter this close to EOL?)

Two things - it's generally a good idea to at least push a final set of
fixes for outstanding major issues (esp. security) before going EOL.
Also, there's a more generic case here: it's possible and probably
likely that we'll have an ongoing issue trying to apply the policy to
whatever release is stable-but-not-latest at any given time; as people
move up to F14, the problem will likely move across to F13, we'll have
fewer people running it, fewer proventesters running it, and we'll start
seeing delays for F13 updates the way we did for F12 updates. So please
discuss the generic case as well as F12 specifics.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 11-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Matthew Garrett

...and once again, I'm afraid I'll have to give my apologies. I'll be
reliably online again next week.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org