Old 11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Jaroslav Reznik

Default KDE-SIG meeting report (45/2010)

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 45/2010

Time: 2010-11-09 14:00 UTC

Meeting page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2010-11-09

Meeting minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-11-09/kde-
sig.2010-11-09-14.04.html

Meeting log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-11-09/kde-
sig.2010-11-09-14.04.log.html

= Participants =
* JaroslavReznik
* KevinKofler
* LukasTinkl
* RexDieter
* ThomasJanssen
* ThanNgo
* nucleo

= Agenda =
topics to discuss:
* 4.5.3 status
* f13/qt 4.7.1
* standalone QtWebKit
* rename knetworkmanager-* plugins to kde-plasma-networkmanagement-*

= Summary =
KDE 4.5.3 update status
* ltinkl thomasj and than_ reports it's ok to pushed to updates-testing
* Kevin_Kofler to prepare updates
* Fedora 13 and Qt 4.7.1

Qt 4.7.1 released today
* do we have any strong technical case to push it to stable (as an argument
for FESCo)?
* features - Qt Quick, new Qt Creator, Qt Mobility, KDE 4.6
* depends on decision on QtWebKit
* it can be more disruptive than Qt update itself

standalone QtWebKit
* rdieter to submit qtwebkit for pkg review
* than to look on assistant de
* a few issues has to be checked before we can decide both qtwebkit build
and qt 4.7 update -> move discussion to ML

rename knetworkmanager-* plugins to kde-plasma-networkmanagement-*
* we do not have knetworkmanager but plugins are still named with
knetworkmanager- prefix
* AGREED: rdieter to rename s/knetworkmanager/kde-plasma-networkmanagement/
where needed

= Next Meeting =

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2010-11-16

--