Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Rasmus Ory Nielsen

Default Mock question

Hi,

Given a SRPM file and a mock config file, how do I get a list of all missing
buildrequires for this SRPM?

Is it possible using the command line tools, or do I need to use the python
api? I looked at the yum/mock api and it seemed a bit overwhelming.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rasmus

Old 11-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Brendan Jones

On 11/09/2010 10:33 PM, Rasmus Ory Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given a SRPM file and a mock config file, how do I get a list of all missing
> buildrequires for this SRPM?
>
> Is it possible using the command line tools, or do I need to use the python
> api? I looked at the yum/mock api and it seemed a bit overwhelming.

Hi

you could use yum-builddep

regards,

Brendan

Old 11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Rasmus Ory Nielsen

Hi,

Den 09-11-2010 13:37, Brendan Jones skrev:

> On 11/09/2010 10:33 PM, Rasmus Ory Nielsen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Given a SRPM file and a mock config file, how do I get a list of all missing
>> buildrequires for this SRPM?
>>
>> Is it possible using the command line tools, or do I need to use the python
>> api? I looked at the yum/mock api and it seemed a bit overwhelming.
>>
> Hi
>
> you could use yum-builddep

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately yum-builddep doesn't work for me. I need to be able to change
$releasever and enabled repositories (hence the mock config file). Is that
possible with yum-builddep?

Regards,
Rasmus

Old 11-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Brendan Jones

On 11/09/2010 10:48 PM, Rasmus Ory Nielsen wrote:
> Unfortunately yum-builddep doesn't work for me. I need to be able to change
> $releasever and enabled repositories (hence the mock config file). Is that
> possible with yum-builddep?

You could try something like:

mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install @development-tools
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install yum-utils
# chroot
mock -v -r fedora-14-i386 --shell
yum-builddep your.src.rpm

Old 11-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Rasmus Ory Nielsen

Den 09-11-2010 13:56, Brendan Jones skrev:

> On 11/09/2010 10:48 PM, Rasmus Ory Nielsen wrote:
>> Unfortunately yum-builddep doesn't work for me. I need to be able to change
>> $releasever and enabled repositories (hence the mock config file). Is that
>> possible with yum-builddep?
>
> You could try something like:
>
> mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install @development-tools
> mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install yum-utils
> # chroot
> mock -v -r fedora-14-i386 --shell
> yum-builddep your.src.rpm

Thanks again.

This works... almost. Apparently yum-builddep only prints the first missing
requires and then quits.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Rasmus

Old 11-09-2010, 01:05 PM
seth vidal

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 13:48 +0100, Rasmus Ory Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Den 09-11-2010 13:37, Brendan Jones skrev:
> >
> > On 11/09/2010 10:33 PM, Rasmus Ory Nielsen wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Given a SRPM file and a mock config file, how do I get a list of all missing
> >> buildrequires for this SRPM?
> >>
> >> Is it possible using the command line tools, or do I need to use the python
> >> api? I looked at the yum/mock api and it seemed a bit overwhelming.
> >>
> > Hi
> >
> > you could use yum-builddep
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Unfortunately yum-builddep doesn't work for me. I need to be able to change
> $releasever and enabled repositories (hence the mock config file). Is that
> possible with yum-builddep?

yum-builddep --releasever --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=myrepo1
--enablerepo=myrepo2 pkg

-sv

Old 11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Rasmus Ory Nielsen

Hi Seth,

Den 09-11-2010 15:05, seth vidal skrev:
>> > Unfortunately yum-builddep doesn't work for me. I need to be able to change
>> > $releasever and enabled repositories (hence the mock config file). Is that
>> > possible with yum-builddep?
> yum-builddep --releasever --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=myrepo1
> --enablerepo=myrepo2 pkg

Unfortunately if a SRPM has multiple buildrequires, then yum-builddep only
prints out the first missing requires and then quits.

Is it hard to do using the python api?

Best regards,
Rasmus

Old 11-09-2010, 08:33 PM
seth vidal

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 22:29 +0100, Rasmus Ory Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Seth,

> > yum-builddep --releasever --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=myrepo1
> > --enablerepo=myrepo2 pkg
>
> Unfortunately if a SRPM has multiple buildrequires, then yum-builddep only
> prints out the first missing requires and then quits.
>
> Is it hard to do using the python api?

I doubt it - it's probably just a bug.

file it, please
-sv