Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Hans de Goede

Default Bringing a retired package (tritonus) back from the dead?

Hi,

I would like to bring tritonus back from the dead
(as it is a dependency for vorbisspi, which is needed
to be able to playback .ogg files under java).

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but there
does not seem to be anything written about it on the wiki
(or I cannot find it).

So iirc the procedure is to just file a review request as
of it is a new package, skip the cvs^w git module creation
step and ask rel-eng to unblock once the review + new
builds are done, right ?

Regards,

Hans

Old 11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Orcan Ogetbil

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to bring tritonus back from the dead
> (as it is a dependency for vorbisspi, which is needed
> *to be able to playback .ogg files under java).
>
> I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but there
> does not seem to be anything written about it on the wiki
> (or I cannot find it).
>
> So iirc the procedure is to just file a review request as
> of it is a new package, skip the cvs^w git module creation
> step and ask rel-eng to unblock once the review + new
> builds are done, right ?

That's correct.

I was the last maintainer of tritonus. If you need someone to do the
review just let me know.

Orcan