Old 11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Michael Schwendt

Default Release of libxml2-2.7.8

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:41:34 +0000 (UTC), Daniel wrote:

> Release of libxml2-2.7.8
>
> libxml2.spec | 10 ++++++++--

Seems to break the koji build root due to ABI incompatibility.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Marcela Mašláňová

> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:41:34 +0000 (UTC), Daniel wrote:
>
>> Release of libxml2-2.7.8
>>
>> libxml2.spec | 10 ++++++++--
> Seems to break the koji build root due to ABI incompatibility.
Dependent packages should be rebuild.

--
Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno

Old 11-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Peter Robinson

2010/11/5 Marcela Mašláňová <mmaslano@redhat.com>:
> On 11/04/2010 08:32 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> On Thu, *4 Nov 2010 17:41:34 +0000 (UTC), Daniel wrote:
>>
>>> * * Release of libxml2-2.7.8
>>>
>>> *libxml2.spec | * 10 ++++++++--
>> Seems to break the koji build root due to ABI incompatibility.
> Dependent packages should be rebuild.

There should have been a heads up for this. It affects 100s of packages.

Peter

Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Bill Nottingham

Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@gmail.com) said:
> 2010/11/5 Marcela Mašláňová <mmaslano@redhat.com>:

> >> Seems to break the koji build root due to ABI incompatibility.
> > Dependent packages should be rebuild.
>
> There should have been a heads up for this. It affects 100s of packages.

It's being fixed; no rebuilds needed.

Bill

Old 11-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Jussi Lehtola

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:16:32 -0400
Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:

> Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@gmail.com) said:

> > > Dependent packages should be rebuild.
> >
> > There should have been a heads up for this. It affects 100s of
> > packages.

+ 1

> It's being fixed; no rebuilds needed.

Fixed, in what sense? What about the packages that have already been
rebuilt?
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor

Old 11-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:19:14 +0200
Jussi Lehtola <jussilehtola@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > It's being fixed; no rebuilds needed.
>
> Fixed, in what sense? What about the packages that have already been
> rebuilt?

About 30min after the rawhide compose kicked off:

It's already fixed, but it didn't land in rawhide today.

So, I'm not sure what happens to packages that were rebuilt against the
broken one today. ;( They may need to rebuild again tomorrow...

kevin

Old 11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 13:57:18 -0600,
Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:19:14 +0200
> Jussi Lehtola <jussilehtola@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > > It's being fixed; no rebuilds needed.
> >
> > Fixed, in what sense? What about the packages that have already been
> > rebuilt?
>
> About 30min after the rawhide compose kicked off:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=203440
>
> It's already fixed, but it didn't land in rawhide today.
>
> So, I'm not sure what happens to packages that were rebuilt against the
> broken one today. ;( They may need to rebuild again tomorrow...

I guess I'm glad I'm a little slow to fix build errors. I was going to get to
doing a rebuild over the weekend, but now I don't need to.