Old 10-30-2010, 09:05 PM
"Eric "Sparks" Christensen"

Default Fast Light Tool Kit

I found a program that I want to package but it requires Fast Light
Tool Kit (FLTK). The source is a single file with no readme and I'm
not exactly sure how to package the software. Has anyone worked with
FLTK that might be able to help me with this?

Thanks,
Eric

Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Adam Williamson

http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/fltk/current/
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 10-31-2010, 01:32 AM
R P Herrold

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:

> I found a program that I want to package but it requires Fast Light
> Tool Kit (FLTK). The source is a single file with no readme and I'm
> not exactly sure how to package the software. Has anyone worked with
> FLTK that might be able to help me with this?

it is packaged abundantly. What is the question?

fltk
/mnt/nfs/var/ftp/pub/mirror/redhat/rawhide/SRPMS/fltk-1.1.10-4.fc15.src.rpm

also in epel and fedora for since forever

-- Russ herrold

Old 10-31-2010, 01:51 AM
"Eric "Sparks" Christensen"

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 21:32, R P Herrold <herrold@owlriver.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
>
>> I found a program that I want to package but it requires Fast Light
>> Tool Kit (FLTK). *The source is a single file with no readme and I'm
>> not exactly sure how to package the software. *Has anyone worked with
>> FLTK that might be able to help me with this?
>
> it is packaged abundantly. *What is the question?
>
> fltk
> /mnt/nfs/var/ftp/pub/mirror/redhat/rawhide/SRPMS/fltk-1.1.10-4.fc15.src.rpm
>
> also in epel and fedora for since forever
>
> -- Russ herrold

I know that FLTK is packaged. What I'm trying to figure out is how to
package a program that requires FLTK to compile. I'm not familar with
FLTK and the software I downloaded didn't come with any README or
instructions for compiling. So I was hoping someone knew about FLTK
and what I needed to do to package this software that requires FLTK to
build. The source I downloaded contained a single file so I'm not
sure what needs to happen.

--Eric

Old 10-31-2010, 02:58 AM
Dominic Hopf

Am Samstag, den 30.10.2010, 21:51 -0400 schrieb Eric "Sparks"
Christensen:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 21:32, R P Herrold <herrold@owlriver.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> >
> >> I found a program that I want to package but it requires Fast Light
> >> Tool Kit (FLTK). The source is a single file with no readme and I'm
> >> not exactly sure how to package the software. Has anyone worked with
> >> FLTK that might be able to help me with this?
> >
> > it is packaged abundantly. What is the question?
> >
> > fltk
> > /mnt/nfs/var/ftp/pub/mirror/redhat/rawhide/SRPMS/fltk-1.1.10-4.fc15.src.rpm
> >
> > also in epel and fedora for since forever
> >
> > -- Russ herrold
>
> I know that FLTK is packaged. What I'm trying to figure out is how to
> package a program that requires FLTK to compile. I'm not familar with
> FLTK and the software I downloaded didn't come with any README or
> instructions for compiling. So I was hoping someone knew about FLTK
> and what I needed to do to package this software that requires FLTK to
> build. The source I downloaded contained a single file so I'm not
> sure what needs to happen.

Does the software you like to package provide something like a configure
script or similar? Maybe it would help if you could post a link to the
software you actually like to package.

I think it's likely something like a "BuildRequires: fltk" already
should be enough. I'd suggest to just try out that and see what
happens.

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy@googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D

Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 AM
José Matos

On Sunday 31 October 2010 02:58:21 Dominic Hopf wrote:
> I think it's likely something like a "BuildRequires: fltk" already
> should be enough. I'd suggest to just try out that and see what
> happens.

Most probably it should be
BuildRequires: fltk-devel

--
José Abílio

Old 10-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Alexander Boström

lör 2010-10-30 klockan 17:05 -0400 skrev Eric "Sparks" Christensen:

> The source is a single file with no readme and I'm
> not exactly sure how to package the software.

Probably:

cc -o foo foo.c $(fltk-config --cflags --ldflags)

/abo

Old 10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Ben Boeckel

"Eric "Sparks" Christensen" <sparks@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> The source I downloaded contained a single file so I'm not sure what
> needs to happen.

Well, since asking upstream for a copy of the license to ship is
required for the guidelines, maybe a simple Makefile could be asked for
as well.

--Ben