Old 10-27-2010, 11:50 PM
"Paul F. Johnson"

Default Building boo against mono-2.8 problem

Hi,

In order to build the latest version of boo (the current one in the
repos won't build against mono-2.8), the old version of boo has to be
removed as there is a conflict with Boo.Lang.Extensions in gac (it is a
known bug which is being worked on upstream).

Is it possible to build boo on koji without removing the old version or
is there a way to just remove Boo.Lang.Extensions from the gac?

The problem will show its head again should another rebuild be required
(which hopefully won't happen until the next version appears)

TTFN

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...

Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Michel Alexandre Salim

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 00:50:24 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to build the latest version of boo (the current one in the
> repos won't build against mono-2.8), the old version of boo has to be
> removed as there is a conflict with Boo.Lang.Extensions in gac (it is a
> known bug which is being worked on upstream).
>
> Is it possible to build boo on koji without removing the old version or
> is there a way to just remove Boo.Lang.Extensions from the gac?

Not sure how this is a problem. Boo.Lang.Extensions.dll is only shipped
by the boo package, right? And rebuilding boo does *not* pull in the old
version, so where's the conflict coming from?

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email: salimma@fedoraproject.org | GPG key ID: 78884778
Jabber: hircus@jabber.ccc.de | IRC: hircus@irc.freenode.net

Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 PM
"Paul F. Johnson"

Hi,

> > Is it possible to build boo on koji without removing the old version or
> > is there a way to just remove Boo.Lang.Extensions from the gac?
> >
> Not sure how this is a problem. Boo.Lang.Extensions.dll is only shipped
> by the boo package, right? And rebuilding boo does *not* pull in the old
> version, so where's the conflict coming from?

Boo itself.

It looks like it tries to pull in Boo.Lang.Extensions from the gac if
its there and build against that - but can't. I'm saying looks like as
upstream aren't that forthcoming with information, just a workaround.

TTFN

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...

Old 10-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Michel Alexandre Salim

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:34:38 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> > Is it possible to build boo on koji without removing the old version
>> > or is there a way to just remove Boo.Lang.Extensions from the gac?
>> >
>> Not sure how this is a problem. Boo.Lang.Extensions.dll is only shipped
>> by the boo package, right? And rebuilding boo does *not* pull in the
>> old version, so where's the conflict coming from?
>
> Boo itself.
>
> It looks like it tries to pull in Boo.Lang.Extensions from the gac if
> its there and build against that - but can't. I'm saying looks like as
> upstream aren't that forthcoming with information, just a workaround.

Sure; I'm not surprised that the problem is with Boo itself, but how
could it find Boo in the GAC if this is a pristine mock / Koji install?

And if only local rebuilds are affected, I don't think we need to worry
about it that much; that's what a build server is for.