Old 10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Chris Adams

Default who broke fedoraproject.org usability?

Once upon a time, Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@gmail.com> said:
> I visited fedoraproject.org site to visit "Fedora Project Wiki". Where
> is the link to the wiki? It's in page footer. Fedora wiki is
> _important_ source of information (is the only place known to me where
> I can find a link to the page when I can find a link to systemd git
> repo url ) link should be visible.
>
> In any case, a new page looks very nice and modern

Well, I went to see what you are talking about, from a F13 system with
Firefox 3.6.11, and the page is pretty garbled. There is something
about printing under the quotes near the top of the page (if I highlight
to copy I get a different block of text about "Printing made easy", and
there's a partially visible form field at the right that says
"rinters/Canon..."). Scrolling down, I've got another block about "A
worldwide community of friends" on top of "YOUR LIFE ON FEDORA".

Also, something about the layout makes it slow to scroll in Firefox (of
course, that's not hard to do).

I'm glad somebody is trying to make the site look better, but this is
not so good.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

Old 10-27-2010, 04:32 PM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"

MP> Where is the link to the wiki? It's in page footer.

Actually it's right at the top; click "Contributors". (I can't tell you
why it's called "Contributors" but clicking there takes you where you
want to go.)

- J<

Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Michał Piotrowski

2010/10/27 Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu>:

> MP> Where is the link to the wiki? It's in page footer.
>
> Actually it's right at the top; click "Contributors". *(I can't tell you
> why it's called "Contributors" but clicking there takes you where you
> want to go.)

LOL

Indeed, I did not notice. I wonder why?

Kind regards,
Michal

Old 10-27-2010, 04:37 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:27:07AM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@gmail.com> said:
> > I visited fedoraproject.org site to visit "Fedora Project Wiki". Where
> > is the link to the wiki? It's in page footer. Fedora wiki is
> > _important_ source of information (is the only place known to me where
> > I can find a link to the page when I can find a link to systemd git
> > repo url ) link should be visible.
> >
> > In any case, a new page looks very nice and modern
>
> Well, I went to see what you are talking about, from a F13 system with
> Firefox 3.6.11, and the page is pretty garbled.

And that picture of Paul Frields (I think) is pretty scary too :-)

Rich.

virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines. Boot with a
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v

Old 10-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Michał Piotrowski wrote:

> > MP> Where is the link to the wiki? It's in page footer.
> >
> > Actually it's right at the top; click "Contributors". *(I can't tell you
> > why it's called "Contributors" but clicking there takes you where you
> > want to go.)
>
> LOL
>
> Indeed, I did not notice. I wonder why?

I might suggest... this is the completely wrong list to be discussing
this.

-Mike--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 10-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Julian Aloofi

Am Mittwoch, den 27.10.2010, 17:37 +0100 schrieb Richard W.M. Jones:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:27:07AM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> > Once upon a time, Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@gmail.com> said:
> > > I visited fedoraproject.org site to visit "Fedora Project Wiki". Where
> > > is the link to the wiki? It's in page footer. Fedora wiki is
> > > _important_ source of information (is the only place known to me where
> > > I can find a link to the page when I can find a link to systemd git
> > > repo url ) link should be visible.
> > >
> > > In any case, a new page looks very nice and modern
> >
> > Well, I went to see what you are talking about, from a F13 system with
> > Firefox 3.6.11, and the page is pretty garbled.
>
> And that picture of Paul Frields (I think) is pretty scary too :-)
>
> Rich.

Ha!
Regarding the displaying problem in Firefox, I had that as well first,
but reloading the page solved it for me.

Regards,
Julian

Old 10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On 10/27/2010 01:30 PM, Julian Aloofi wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 27.10.2010, 17:37 +0100 schrieb Richard W.M. Jones:

>>> Well, I went to see what you are talking about, from a F13 system with
>>> Firefox 3.6.11, and the page is pretty garbled.
>>
>> And that picture of Paul Frields (I think) is pretty scary too :-)
>>
>> Rich.
>>
> Ha!
> Regarding the displaying problem in Firefox, I had that as well first,
> but reloading the page solved it for me.

Also, it is worth noting that the new website makes heavy use of
Javascript, so if you have NoScript (or equivalent) running, you'll not
get a good view of the site.

~spot

Old 10-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Chris Adams

Once upon a time, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> said:
> Also, it is worth noting that the new website makes heavy use of
> Javascript, so if you have NoScript (or equivalent) running, you'll not
> get a good view of the site.

Yeah, apparently that was the problem I was seeing. Honestly, making a
site that looks broken with NoScript is a bad idea, especially for a
user base that probably has a higher-than-average number of Firefox
users (and probably mode advanced users that are likely to use things
like NoScript). Requiring JavaScript just to get the correct layout is
IMHO broken.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Laurent Rineau

Le mercredi 27 octobre 2010 18:32:29, Jason L Tibbitts III a écrit :
> MP> Where is the link to the wiki? It's in page footer.
>
> Actually it's right at the top; click "Contributors". (I can't tell you
> why it's called "Contributors" but clicking there takes you where you
> want to go.)

With my setup, where fonts are bigger by default, I cannot see the link
"Contributors" (it is behind the div #site-content). I have to decrease the
font sizes to see it.

--
Laurent Rineau
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LaurentRineau

Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Michał Piotrowski

W dniu 27 października 2010 18:20 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
<mkkp4x4@gmail.com> napisał:
> In any case, a new page looks very nice and modern

Someone should fix this ugly font - looks bad in Vista...

There are also problems with buttons on Chrome.

Regards,
Michal