Old 10-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Marek Kasik

Default libpoppler soname bump in rawhide

Hi,

I plan to rebase poppler in rawhide to poppler-0.15.1. There are some
API changes and 1 soname bump of libpoppler.so.8 to libpoppler.so.9.
API changes mostly involve addition of new functions (see below).
You can test it against your package with this scratch-build:
I'll ask release engineers for chain-build at the beginning of the next
week.

Regards

Marek

Changes:

cpp/poppler-document.h:
- new public functions in class document:
get_pdf_id(), load_from_raw_data()

Dict.h:
- new public function in class Dict:
getXRef()

- new private member in class Dict:
GBool sorted

Form.h:
- new public functions in class FormWidget:
getPartialName(), getMappingName(), getFullyQualifiedName()

- new protected members in class FormWidget:
GooString *partialName, GooString *mappingName, GooString
*fullyQualifiedName

Gfx.h:
- API change of private functions in class Gfx:
gouraudFillTriangle() and fillPatch()

- new private function in class Gfx:
gouraudFillTriangle()

GfxState.h:
- new public functions in class GfxGouraudTriangleShading:
isParameterized(), getParameterDomainMin(), getParameterDomainMax(),
getTriangle(), getParameterizedColor()

- new struct in struct GfxPatch
struct ColorValue

- type change change in struct GfxPatch:
GfxColor color[2][2] -> ColorValue color[2][2]

- new public functions in class GfxPatchMeshShading:
isParameterized(), getParameterDomainMin(), getParameterDomainMax(),
getParameterizedColor()

- new public functions in class GfxSubpath:
setX(), setY()

- new sub class ReusablePathIterator in class GfxState
class ReusablePathIterator

- new public function in class GfxState:
getReusablePath()

glib/poppler-document.h:
- new public functions in glib/poppler-document.h:
poppler_document_get_id(), poppler_document_get_pdf_version_string(),
poppler_document_get_pdf_version(), poppler_document_get_title(),
poppler_document_get_author(), poppler_document_get_subject(),
poppler_document_get_keywords(), poppler_document_get_creator(),
poppler_document_get_producer(), poppler_document_get_creation_date(),
poppler_document_get_modification_date(),
poppler_document_is_linearized(), poppler_document_get_page_layout(),
poppler_document_get_page_mode(), poppler_document_get_permissions(),
poppler_document_get_metadata()

glib/poppler-enums.h:
- new public function in glib/poppler-enums.h:
poppler_print_flags_get_type ()

- new macro in glib/poppler-enums.h:
POPPLER_TYPE_PRINT_FLAGS ()

glib/poppler-form-field.h:
- new public functions in glib/poppler-form-field.h:
poppler_form_field_get_partial_name(),
poppler_form_field_get_mapping_name(), poppler_form_field_get_name

glib/poppler.h:
- new enum in glib/poppler.h:
PopplerPrintFlags

glib/poppler-page.h:
- new public functions in glib/poppler-page.h:
poppler_page_render_for_printing_with_options (),
poppler_page_get_selected_region ()

PDFDoc.h:
- new public function in class PDFDoc:
getID()

PSOutputDev.h:
- private member removed from class PSOutputDev:
int savedRender

qt4/poppler-qt4.h:
- new public function in class Document:
getPdfId()

- new public function in class PSConverter:
void setPageConvertedCallback(void (* callback)(int page, void
*payload), void *payload);

SplashOutputDev.h:
- new public function in class SplashOutputDev:
updateRender()

- private member removed from class SplashOutputDev:
int savedRender

Old 11-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Rex Dieter

Marek Kasik wrote:

> I plan to rebase poppler in rawhide to poppler-0.15.1. There are some
> API changes and 1 soname bump of libpoppler.so.8 to libpoppler.so.9.
> API changes mostly involve addition of new functions (see below).

OK, all rebuilds have been done or are still building. 2 notable failures:

inkscape: seems related to api change wrt
- type change change in struct GfxPatch:
GfxColor color[2][2] -> ColorValue color[2][2]

tracker: failed in (unrelated) evolution plugin

-- Rex