Old 10-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Kevin Higgins

Default Auto Mounting in Fedora F14 TC6

I can not tell you exactly which day but approximately Oct 18th auto
mount for data DVD's worked and now it does not . Did a clean install
to test again. with same result. Blank DVD's auto mount Movies and
data DVD's do not auto mount. nor can I manually mount. the drive
shows up in nautilus but when ever movie or data dvd is placed in
drive it disappears. Checked all settings in File Management
Preferences / Media and all is correct, even installed gconf and
checked all settings again; and all is correct as far as I can see;
just will not auto mount any more. I am not sure if this would be
considered a blocker or not, but shall see what everybody else thinks.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Adam Williamson

On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 19:31 -0700, Kevin Higgins wrote:
> I can not tell you exactly which day but approximately Oct 18th auto
> mount for data DVD's worked and now it does not . Did a clean install
> to test again. with same result. Blank DVD's auto mount Movies and
> data DVD's do not auto mount. nor can I manually mount. the drive
> shows up in nautilus but when ever movie or data dvd is placed in
> drive it disappears. Checked all settings in File Management
> Preferences / Media and all is correct, even installed gconf and
> checked all settings again; and all is correct as far as I can see;
> just will not auto mount any more. I am not sure if this would be
> considered a blocker or not, but shall see what everybody else thinks.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_14_Final_RC1_Desktop

has 'pass' results on the auto-mount test on three different desktops
from three different testers, so apparently not everyone is seeing this.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey