Old 10-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Bill Nottingham

Default experimental systemd + initscripts repo

I've set up a repo on r.fp.org:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/notting/initscripts-systemd/

This repo includes updated initscripts and associated packages
that test the conversion of various boot-time actions to systemd
services. (Essentially, rc.sysinit is dead.) Before putting this
in rawhide, we want to make sure it's not too horribly broken.

Feedback welcome in bugzilla (against initscripts) or on the list.
There may be additional changes pushed to the repo as more things
are moved to native systemd services.

Bill

Old 10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Matthew Miller

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:43:33AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> I've set up a repo on r.fp.org:
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/notting/initscripts-systemd/

I'll try it this afternoon.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org>

Old 10-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Yanko Kaneti

> I've set up a repo on r.fp.org:
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/notting/initscripts-systemd/

Didn't automount anything from fstab other than /, not even /home. Even
when I logged in on the console with a user that has a home directory
there. Manually starting the corresponding *.mount units worked.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Michał Piotrowski

Hi,

2010/10/21 Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com>:
> I've set up a repo on r.fp.org:
> ┬*http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/notting/initscripts-systemd/
>
> This repo includes updated initscripts and associated packages
> that test the conversion of various boot-time actions to systemd
> services. (Essentially, rc.sysinit is dead.) Before putting this
> in rawhide, we want to make sure it's not too horribly broken.
>
> Feedback welcome in bugzilla (against initscripts) or on the list.
> There may be additional changes pushed to the repo as more things
> are moved to native systemd services.

I would like to test this, but before testing this packages I updated
system to latest rawhide and now I don't have network

dhclient eth0 shows me this:
system library: fopen: Permission denied: bss_file.c:165
fopen('/etc/pki/tls/open_ssl.cnf', 'rb')
BIO routines:BIO_new_file:system lib:bss_file.c:168
configuration file routinesEF_LOAD:system lib:conf_def.c:199

Any ideas what could go wrong?

/etc/pki/tls/open_ssl.cnf perm is 644

Which package I should downgrade?

> Bill

Regards,
Michal

Old 10-21-2010, 05:01 PM
drago01

2010/10/21 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/10/21 Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com>:
>> I've set up a repo on r.fp.org:
>> ┬*http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/notting/initscripts-systemd/
>>
>> This repo includes updated initscripts and associated packages
>> that test the conversion of various boot-time actions to systemd
>> services. (Essentially, rc.sysinit is dead.) Before putting this
>> in rawhide, we want to make sure it's not too horribly broken.
>>
>> Feedback welcome in bugzilla (against initscripts) or on the list.
>> There may be additional changes pushed to the repo as more things
>> are moved to native systemd services.
>
> I would like to test this, but before testing this packages I updated
> system to latest rawhide and now I don't have network
>
> dhclient eth0 shows me this:
> system library: fopen: Permission denied: bss_file.c:165
> fopen('/etc/pki/tls/open_ssl.cnf', 'rb')
> BIO routines:BIO_new_file:system lib:bss_file.c:168
> configuration file routinesEF_LOAD:system lib:conf_def.c:199
>
> Any ideas what could go wrong?
>
> /etc/pki/tls/open_ssl.cnf perm is 644
>
> Which package I should downgrade?

Any SELINUX avcs?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Michał Piotrowski

2010/10/21 drago01 <drago01@gmail.com>:

> Any SELINUX avcs?

indeed there is an AVC (I forgot about SELinux - I do not use it
and I forgot to turn it off after installation)

type=AVC msg=audit(1287683664.377:70): avc: denied { getattr } for
pid=1679 comm="dhclient" path="/etc/pki/tls/openssl.cnf" dev=sda2
ino=283618 scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:dhcpc_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
tcontext=system_ubject_r:cert_t:s0 tclass=file
type=SYSCALL msg=audit(1287683664.377:70): arch=c000003e syscall=5
success=yes exit=0 a0=4 a1=7fff7b86f210 a2=7fff7b86f210
a3=7fff7b86f0f0 items=0 ppid=1678 pid=1679 auid=500 uid=0 gid=0 euid=0
suid=0 fsuid=0 egid=0 sgid=0 fsgid=0 tty=pts0 ses=1 comm="dhclient"
exe="/sbin/dhclient" subj=unconfined_u:system_r:dhcpc_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
key=(null)

I'll solve this problem using big hammer and I'll test systemd changes.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Michal

Old 10-21-2010, 06:14 PM
"jeff@ocjtech.us"

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:

> This repo includes updated initscripts and associated packages
> that test the conversion of various boot-time actions to systemd
> services. (Essentially, rc.sysinit is dead.) Before putting this
> in rawhide, we want to make sure it's not too horribly broken.

Works for me on my rawhide box. It's a pretty simple setup so I doubt
I'm hitting any interesting edge cases.

--
Jeff Ollie

Old 10-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Michał Piotrowski

2010/10/21 Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com>:
> I've set up a repo on r.fp.org:
> ┬*http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/notting/initscripts-systemd/
>
> This repo includes updated initscripts and associated packages
> that test the conversion of various boot-time actions to systemd
> services. (Essentially, rc.sysinit is dead.) Before putting this
> in rawhide, we want to make sure it's not too horribly broken.
>
> Feedback welcome in bugzilla (against initscripts) or on the list.
> There may be additional changes pushed to the repo as more things
> are moved to native systemd services.

28 seconds - not optiomised system
http://i52.tinypic.com/fe28vs.png

It's a really good start point - very promising

Let's see what can be achieved

Old 10-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Michał Piotrowski

W dniu 21 października 2010 20:50 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
<mkkp4x4@gmail.com> napisał:
> 2010/10/21 Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com>:
>> I've set up a repo on r.fp.org:
>> ┬*http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/notting/initscripts-systemd/
>>
>> This repo includes updated initscripts and associated packages
>> that test the conversion of various boot-time actions to systemd
>> services. (Essentially, rc.sysinit is dead.) Before putting this
>> in rawhide, we want to make sure it's not too horribly broken.
>>
>> Feedback welcome in bugzilla (against initscripts) or on the list.
>> There may be additional changes pushed to the repo as more things
>> are moved to native systemd services.
>
> 28 seconds - not optiomised system
> http://i52.tinypic.com/fe28vs.png
>
> It's a really good start point - very promising
>
> Let's see what can be achieved

24 seconds (23 in previous test)
http://i53.tinypic.com/30kvpxg.png

IMO pretty good as for the system with enabled debuging

Well done! Thanks!

Regards,
Michal

Old 10-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Bill Nottingham

Yanko Kaneti (yaneti@declera.com) said:
> On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 10:43 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > I've set up a repo on r.fp.org:
> > http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/notting/initscripts-systemd/
>
> Didn't automount anything from fstab other than /, not even /home. Even
> when I logged in on the console with a user that has a home directory
> there. Manually starting the corresponding *.mount units worked.

It's not supposed to do that through systemd mount units... yet. There's a
separate service for that.

Bill