Old 10-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Eric Smith

Default Java3D?

Has anyone worked on packaging Java3D for Fedora? Or is there any
reason that it wouldn't be acceptable for inclusion in Fedora?

I haven't really looked into packaging Java3D yet, but I want to package
ReplicatorG, which is used to control 3D printers such as the MakerBot
and RepRap, and it depends on Java3D. If no one else is working on
packaging it, I'm willing to give it a try.

Thanks,
Eric

Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Dr Andrew John Hughes

On 12:53 Sun 17 Oct , Eric Smith wrote:
> Has anyone worked on packaging Java3D for Fedora? Or is there any
> reason that it wouldn't be acceptable for inclusion in Fedora?
>
> I haven't really looked into packaging Java3D yet, but I want to package
> ReplicatorG, which is used to control 3D printers such as the MakerBot
> and RepRap, and it depends on Java3D. If no one else is working on
> packaging it, I'm willing to give it a try.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

It at least now looks like the license is suitable for Fedora; GPLv2 + Classpath
exception for the core, and BSD for vecmath and the utilities, along with the MIT
license on some headers:

https://j3d-core.dev.java.net/
--
Andrew

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA 7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8