Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 PM
"Paul F. Johnson"

Default It's been a while, but I could do with a hand...

Hi,

It's been a while since I've done any sort of uploading and in that time
my box died, has been rebuilt and is running happily on rawhide.

Problem is my scripts for uploading have gone! I've followed the
information on the wiki but when I try to upload, I'm getting

[paul@PB3 common]$ ./cvs-import.sh
~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/mono-2.8-1.1.fc15.src.rpm
Checking out module: 'mono'
Unpacking source package: mono-2.8-1.1.fc15.src.rpm...
cvs [server aborted]: "remove" requires write access to the repository

I've downloaded a client side cert, changed my gpg key and ssh key
(uploaded both to my details on the fas system).

I've done export CVS_RSH=ssh and export
CVSROOT=:extfj@cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/pkgs

Have I gone wrong somewhere and to make life easy, is there a GUI way to
upload to the rawhide repos yet?

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...

Old 10-12-2010, 11:11 PM
John5342

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 00:05, Paul F. Johnson
<paul@all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's been a while since I've done any sort of uploading and in that time
> my box died, has been rebuilt and is running happily on rawhide.
>
> Problem is my scripts for uploading have gone! I've followed the
> information on the wiki but when I try to upload, I'm getting
>
> [paul@PB3 common]$ ./cvs-import.sh
> ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/mono-2.8-1.1.fc15.src.rpm
> Checking out module: 'mono'
> Unpacking source package: mono-2.8-1.1.fc15.src.rpm...
> cvs [server aborted]: "remove" requires write access to the repository
>
> I've downloaded a client side cert, changed my gpg key and ssh key
> (uploaded both to my details on the fas system).
>
> I've done export CVS_RSH=ssh and export
> CVSROOT=:extfj@cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/pkgs
>
> Have I gone wrong somewhere and to make life easy, is there a GUI way to
> upload to the rawhide repos yet?

Everything uses git now. See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join and for some
equivelant commands to cvs
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_Fedora_GIT is useful.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...