Old 10-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Nathaniel McCallum

Default libgpod 0.8.0 in F13

I've just tagged libgpod 0.8.0 for F13 updates-testing. This is the
first step to an updated Banshee (1.8.0) in F13 as well as better
iPhone/iPad support in the existing Rhythmbox. I'd really like to get
some testing on this, so please, if you are using updates-testing and
have any Apple-brand device, please check to see that your device will
successfully sync with Rhythmbox with the new libgpod.

Thanks!
Nathaniel

Old 10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Rex Dieter

Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

> I've just tagged libgpod 0.8.0 for F13 updates-testing. This is the
> first step to an updated Banshee (1.8.0) in F13 as well as better
> iPhone/iPad support in the existing Rhythmbox. I'd really like to get
> some testing on this, so please, if you are using updates-testing and
> have any Apple-brand device, please check to see that your device will
> successfully sync with Rhythmbox with the new libgpod.

Do you expect other libgpod-using apps need to be rebuilt too? (I can test
amarok against my ipod touch, which currently doesn't work as-is).

-- Rex

Old 10-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Nathaniel McCallum

On 10/13/2010 09:37 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
>
>> I've just tagged libgpod 0.8.0 for F13 updates-testing. This is the
>> first step to an updated Banshee (1.8.0) in F13 as well as better
>> iPhone/iPad support in the existing Rhythmbox. I'd really like to get
>> some testing on this, so please, if you are using updates-testing and
>> have any Apple-brand device, please check to see that your device will
>> successfully sync with Rhythmbox with the new libgpod.
>
> Do you expect other libgpod-using apps need to be rebuilt too? (I can test
> amarok against my ipod touch, which currently doesn't work as-is).

No apps should need to be rebuilt. So you can upgrade libgpod and
amarok *should* just work, as long as nothing is broken.

Nathaniel