-   -   forked-daapd to replace mt-daapd (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/438234-forked-daapd-replace-mt-daapd.html)

Matej Cepl 10-11-2010 12:30 PM

forked-daapd to replace mt-daapd

Stephen Gallagher, Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:20:08 -0400:
> Being that it's a different upstream project now, you need to create a
> new package in Fedora. Once that's reviewed and included in the
> packageset, you should raise the question of default inclusion with
> FESCo.

Sure, no problem. Just I don't understand what I do need FESCO for? For
obsoleting the old package?

Matěj

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying
I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Stephen Gallagher 10-11-2010 12:34 PM

forked-daapd to replace mt-daapd

Matej Cepl 10-11-2010 01:34 PM

forked-daapd to replace mt-daapd

Stephen Gallagher, Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:34:18 -0400:
> Sorry, I think I was confusing daapd with another (system-critical)
> component. You probably need to contact the maintainer of the original
> mt-daapd and make sure they're on-board with switching to this new
> forked version, as well as trying to identify any applications that
> depend on mt-daapd and work with them to ensure that forked-daapd either
> won't break their packages or they can at least release updates
> simultaneously.
>
> If you are in fact the maintainer of mt-daapd, the first part should be
> easy. :)

No I am not, but CC of the parent message was sent to mt-daapd-owner@fp.o

Matěj

My point was simply that such tax proposals [for Pigovian taxes
compensating for the transaction costs] are the stuff that dreams
are made of. In my youth it was said, that what was too silly to
be said may be sung. In modern economics it may be put into
mathematics.
-- Ronald Coase
Notes on the Problem of Social Cost