Old 10-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Farkas Levente

Default fedpkg koji error

hi,
while try to make a scratch build i always got:
# fedpkg scratch-build
Could not log into koji: Opening a SSL connection failed
even if i try to remove .fedora.cert and fedora-packager-setup (so it's
not a certificate problem).
what else can be the reason?
thanks in advance.
regards.

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Old 10-07-2010, 08:51 AM
"Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus)"

Try verbose variant to figure out what happened:

$ fedpkg -v scratch-build

Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Thomas Spura

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:19:21 +0200
Farkas Levente wrote:

> hi,
> while try to make a scratch build i always got:
> # fedpkg scratch-build
> Could not log into koji: Opening a SSL connection failed
> even if i try to remove .fedora.cert and fedora-packager-setup (so
> it's not a certificate problem).
> what else can be the reason?
> thanks in advance.
> regards.

This is because the ssl_login to koji failed, so your SSL key is
expired. Generate a new one and upload it to fas:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

After waiting an hour or something, it should work again (I hope).

Thomas

Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Thomas Spura

Old 10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Thursday, October 07, 2010 04:25:45 am Thomas Spura wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:19:21 +0200
>
> Farkas Levente wrote:
> > hi,
> > while try to make a scratch build i always got:
> > # fedpkg scratch-build
> > Could not log into koji: Opening a SSL connection failed
> > even if i try to remove .fedora.cert and fedora-packager-setup (so
> > it's not a certificate problem).
> > what else can be the reason?
> > thanks in advance.
> > regards.
>
> This is because the ssl_login to koji failed, so your SSL key is
> expired. Generate a new one and upload it to fas:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
>
> After waiting an hour or something, it should work again (I hope).
>
> Thomas

"fedora-cert -v" will verify if the cert is valid or not.

when you need a new cert the recommended way to get it it to use fedora-
packager-setup or fedora-cert.

you dont upload a ssl cert to fas. and there is no waiting for it to be valid.

Dennis

Old 10-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Farkas Levente

On 10/08/2010 03:53 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Thursday, October 07, 2010 04:25:45 am Thomas Spura wrote:
>> On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:19:21 +0200
>>
>> Farkas Levente wrote:
>>> hi,
>>> while try to make a scratch build i always got:
>>> # fedpkg scratch-build
>>> Could not log into koji: Opening a SSL connection failed
>>> even if i try to remove .fedora.cert and fedora-packager-setup (so
>>> it's not a certificate problem).
>>> what else can be the reason?
>>> thanks in advance.
>>> regards.
>>
>> This is because the ssl_login to koji failed, so your SSL key is
>> expired. Generate a new one and upload it to fas:
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
>>
>> After waiting an hour or something, it should work again (I hope).
>>
>> Thomas
>
> "fedora-cert -v" will verify if the cert is valid or not.
>
> when you need a new cert the recommended way to get it it to use fedora-
> packager-setup or fedora-cert.
>
> you dont upload a ssl cert to fas. and there is no waiting for it to be valid.

---------------------------
[lfarkas@fox jna (f12)]$ fedora-cert -v
Verifying Certificate
cert expires: 2011-04-06
CRL Checking not implemented yet
[lfarkas@fox jna (f12)]$ fedpkg build
Could not log into koji: Opening a SSL connection failed

Old 10-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Dennis Gilmore

Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Farkas Levente

[lfarkas@eagle jna (f12)]$ fedora-cert -v
Verifying Certificate
cert expires: 2011-04-06
CRL Checking not implemented yet
[lfarkas@eagle jna (f12)]$ fedpkg -v build
Creating module object from /home/lfarkas/work/lenux/fedora/jna
Initiating a koji session to http://koji.fedoraproject.org/kojihub

Old 10-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Jesse Keating

On 10/8/10 9:57 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
> On 10/08/2010 04:28 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

>>> ---------------------------
>>> [lfarkas@fox jna (f12)]$ fedora-cert -v
>>> Verifying Certificate
>>> cert expires: 2011-04-06
>>> CRL Checking not implemented yet
>>> [lfarkas@fox jna (f12)]$ fedpkg build
>>> Could not log into koji: Opening a SSL connection failed
>>> ---------------------------
>>> so what's now?
>>
>> fedpkg -v build
>
> [lfarkas@eagle jna (f12)]$ fedora-cert -v
> Verifying Certificate
> cert expires: 2011-04-06
> CRL Checking not implemented yet
> [lfarkas@eagle jna (f12)]$ fedpkg -v build
> Creating module object from /home/lfarkas/work/lenux/fedora/jna
> Initiating a koji session to http://koji.fedoraproject.org/kojihub
> Could not log into koji: Opening a SSL connection failed

What version of nss do you have installed? There was a nss build that
could not handle the certs offered by FAS.

- --
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating

Old 10-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Farkas Levente

On 10/08/2010 07:19 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On 10/8/10 9:57 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:

>>> fedpkg -v build
>
>> [lfarkas@eagle jna (f12)]$ fedora-cert -v
>> Verifying Certificate
>> cert expires: 2011-04-06
>> CRL Checking not implemented yet
>> [lfarkas@eagle jna (f12)]$ fedpkg -v build
>> Creating module object from /home/lfarkas/work/lenux/fedora/jna
>> Initiating a koji session to http://koji.fedoraproject.org/kojihub
>> Could not log into koji: Opening a SSL connection failed
>

> What version of nss do you have installed? There was a nss build that
> could not handle the certs offered by FAS.

rhel-6 beta2's
nss-3.12.6-3.el6.x86_64
anyway yesterday morning i was not able to build, but afternoot after a
new cert ie: fedora-packager-setup i was able to build again. then today
i can't build again...

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"