Old 10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Peter Robinson

Default Fedora mini is now Fedora Mobility!

Hi All,

I ran a session with a group of interested people at FUDCon Zurich
titled "Fedora Mini, Moblin, MeeGo, Sugar..... oh my!" and there was a
great and interesting conversation between a number of parties
interested in Fedora on small devices. There were representatives from
Fedora people interested in the KDE NetBook spin, Moblin/MeeGo, Sugar,
ARM etc.

Part of that conversation was around the name of Fedora Mini and it
was decided that renaming the project to Mobility would better reflect
the interests and direction of the project.

I've been meaning to announce this ever since the always awesome
FUDCon but $paidjob took control again and I've not had the chance!

I've created the following wiki page here
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mobility and there is already a
#fedora-mobility IRC channel. I'm planning on getting the mailing list
migrated (renamed or something!).

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards,
Peter

Old 10-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Jaroslav Reznik

Hi Peter,
thanks for your amazing work, I really like it!

For MeeGo Handset UX, I'm currently reviewing MeeGo Touch Framework with its
dependencies and I'm also co-maintainer.

For Plasma Netbook - adimania and heimanshu already did a lot of work as
Fedora Summer Coding project - splitting monolithic KDE packages and KDE
settings.

/me is going to join #fedora-mobility IRC channel ;-)

Jaroslav