Old 10-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Milan Crha

Default Evolution-data-server update to 2.91.1 in rawhide

Hi,
the new release of evolution-data-server 2.91.1 contains API backward
incompatible changes in Camel, thus packages using it might need
adoption. Changes were announced at [1], and even I believe upstream
will take care of these changes, I would like to help with adoption on
modules requiring it. Planned date for doing the evolution-data-server
update in Rawhide is next Monday, October 11th, 2010.

I would like to also ask respective owners of [3] to approve me commit
rights on his/her package, which I'll request this Friday or beginning
of the next week through [2], so I'll be able to:
a) occasionally rebuild those packages against newer
evolution-data-server or evolution, to help with smoother updates
(I hope package owners will be fine with me doing so.)
b) add those packages to updates of evolution-data-server and evolution,
thus changes from these will come out together.

Thanks and bye,
Milan

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2010-September/msg00037.html

[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/<package>

[3] Packages depending on evolution-data-server and/or evolution in
rawhide as of today:
almanah
anerley
contact-lookup-applet