Old 10-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Michael Schwendt

Default "Command not found" misfeature

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 09:51:31 +0100, Richard wrote:

> F14 seems to have acquired a misfeature where if you mistype a command
> or a command is not found, it prints "Command not found." then pauses
> for some time, then (sometimes, not always) displays some sort of
> error[1].
>
> How do I permanently disable this behaviour?
>
> Rich.
>
> [1] I think it was a yum or PackageKit error. However I don't get
> that error any longer, just a long pause instead.

It's the "PackageKit-command-not-found" package.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Michal Schmidt

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 09:51:31 +0100 Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> F14 seems to have acquired a misfeature where if you mistype a command
> or a command is not found, it prints "Command not found." then pauses
> for some time, then (sometimes, not always) displays some sort of
> error[1].
>
> How do I permanently disable this behaviour?

Remove PackageKit-command-not-found.

It's not new in F-14. It's been the default since F-12:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PackageKitCommandNotFound

Michal

Old 10-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Richard Hughes

On 2 October 2010 09:51, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:
> ..., then (sometimes, not always) displays some sort of
> error[1].

Yes, it's fixed upstream, apologies. There's a new release on Monday
which will be pushed to F14.

Richard

Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 11:40:50AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 09:51:31 +0100, Richard wrote:
>

> > F14 seems to have acquired a misfeature where if you mistype a command
> > or a command is not found, it prints "Command not found." then pauses
> > for some time, then (sometimes, not always) displays some sort of
> > error[1].
> >
> > How do I permanently disable this behaviour?
> >
> > Rich.
> >
> > [1] I think it was a yum or PackageKit error. However I don't get
> > that error any longer, just a long pause instead.
>
> It's the "PackageKit-command-not-found" package.

Thanks - removed it.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top

Old 10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Richard Hughes

On 2 October 2010 11:23, Richard Hughes <hughsient@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 October 2010 09:51, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:
>> ..., then (sometimes, not always) displays some sort of
>> error[1].
>
> Yes, it's fixed upstream, apologies. There's a new release on Monday
> which will be pushed to F14.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/PackageKit-0.6.9-4.fc14

Please test and give karma.

Thanks,