Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Adam Williamson

Default Graphics Test Week final stretch: Intel

Graphics Test Week moves into its final stretch today / tomorrow
(depending where you are!) with Intel graphics Test Day -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-30_Intel . As with the
others, this event runs all day in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC, and
testing instructions and live images (same as for the other two days)
are on the Wiki page. Intel graphics users, please come out and help us
make sure Fedora 14's graphics support is as good as it can be!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Manuel Escudero

Graphics Test Week moves into its final stretch today / tomorrow

(depending where you are!) with Intel graphics Test Day -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-30_Intel . As with the

others, this event runs all day in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC, and

testing instructions and live images (same as for the other two days)

are on the Wiki page. Intel graphics users, please come out and help us

make sure Fedora 14's graphics support is as good as it can be!

--

Adam Williamson

Fedora QA Community Monkey

http://www.happyassassin.net

I'm really busy right now and maybe I won't be able to participate, but it will be great

if someone can test an Intel GMA 3100 (This is the graphics card I use in F13)because it doesn't support very well the Kwin Effects enabled and in VMWare PlayerI'm not able to have Aero Support inside a Virtual Windows 7 because the 3D capabilities

are not "recognized" by the system... This issues are not present in other distros (Kubuntu, OpenSUSE, Mandriva)in their last versions even in LiveCD mode (where I can have a Transparent KDE for example) and the computer is not slow.

I believe there is a problem with Fedora's support to my graphics card.
Hope someone can help to fix it in future releases...
--
<-Manuel Escudero->

Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick@googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31* 1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6

Old 09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Stephen Gallagher

On 09/30/2010 07:19 AM, Manuel Escudero wrote:

> 2010/9/30 Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com <mailto:awilliam@redhat.com>>
>
> Graphics Test Week moves into its final stretch today / tomorrow
> (depending where you are!) with Intel graphics Test Day -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-30_Intel . As with the
> others, this event runs all day in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC, and
> testing instructions and live images (same as for the other two days)
> are on the Wiki page. Intel graphics users, please come out and help us
> make sure Fedora 14's graphics support is as good as it can be!
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> http://www.happyassassin.net

> I'm really busy right now and maybe I won't be able to participate, but
> it will be great
> if someone can test an Intel GMA 3100 (This is the graphics card I use
> in F13)
> because it doesn't support very well the Kwin Effects enabled and in
> VMWare Player
> I'm not able to have Aero Support inside a Virtual Windows 7 because the
> 3D capabilities
> are not "recognized" by the system... This issues are not present in
> other distros (Kubuntu, OpenSUSE, Mandriva)
> in their last versions even in LiveCD mode (where I can have a
> Transparent KDE for example) and the computer is not slow.
>
> I believe there is a problem with Fedora's support to my graphics card.
>
> Hope someone can help to fix it in future releases...

I tested my Intel GMA X3100 card today with the Test Day LiveCD. All
tests passed.

- --
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Old 09-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Adam Williamson

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 09:46 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> > because it doesn't support very well the Kwin Effects enabled and in
> > VMWare Player
> > I'm not able to have Aero Support inside a Virtual Windows 7 because the
> > 3D capabilities
> > are not "recognized" by the system... This issues are not present in
> > other distros (Kubuntu, OpenSUSE, Mandriva)
> > in their last versions even in LiveCD mode (where I can have a
> > Transparent KDE for example) and the computer is not slow.
> >
> > I believe there is a problem with Fedora's support to my graphics card.
> >
> > Hope someone can help to fix it in future releases...
> >

> I tested my Intel GMA X3100 card today with the Test Day LiveCD. All
> tests passed.

It's worth noting that none of the test day tests actually covers the
things Manuel was worried about. Thanks for testing though
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey