Old 09-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Phil Knirsch

Default Fedora 14 on System Z alive and kicking!

Hi everyone!

The Fedora s390x team[1] is happy to announce the first installable
Fedora on IBM System Z (aka s390x) since Fedora 6!

It's been a long time in the making, but after several Fedora releases
since we started getting everything up into shape again we've finally
reached a point where we can provide an installable version of Fedora on
IBM System Z again.

As it's not a final release yet and we still need to have a few minor
workarounds in the installer image the location isn't yet in the typical
release directory for secondary archs. We expect this to be a thing of
the past once we get that last few fixes upstream and the composes
running in a consistent and permanent fashion (real soon now!!!).

The documentation has of course also been updated and a whole section
has been added in the README on how to install your own release (not
just running a hercules image as with our Fedora 11 preview version).

Hercules images and instructions on how to run that or how to install it
yourself can be downloaded from
http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/spins/S390/

Individual packages are available at
http://s390.koji.fedoraproject.org/mash/rawhide/s390x/os/

More info will be added in the next few days at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/s390x

If you're interested, please join our mailing list at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/fedora-s390x
or our IRC channel #fedora-s390x on freenode.net

Thanks & regards, Phil

[1] List of current team:
* Karsten Hopp Secondary Arch Maintainer (nickname Kick_ in
#fedora-s390x on IRC)
* Dan Horák
* Dennis Gilmore
* Brad Hinson
* Justin Payne (nickname kurgan in #fedora-s390x on IRC)
* Phil Knirsch
* David Cantrell (interest in anaconda support for s390)

--
Philipp Knirsch | Tel.: +49-711-96437-470
Supervisor Core Services | Fax.: +49-711-96437-111

Old 09-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Oliver Falk

Now plz send me a Z series and I'll take care about the updates :-P

-of

Old 09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Peter Lemenkov

2010/9/27 Phil Knirsch <pknirsch@redhat.com>:
> Hi everyone!
>
> The Fedora s390x team[1] is happy to announce the first installable
> Fedora on IBM System Z (aka s390x) since Fedora 6!

Awesome!
/me still hopes that he'll see Fedora-PPC for F-14

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.