-   -   poppler update to 0.15.0 (0.16 alpha) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/432254-poppler-update-0-15-0-0-16-alpha.html)

Marek Kasik 09-27-2010 08:07 AM

poppler update to 0.15.0 (0.16 alpha)

Hi all,

I plan to update update poppler in rawhide (Fedora 15) to new
development version 0.15 next week (at Monday, October 4th). Changes
against 0.14.x are:

core:
* Remove exception support
* Improve creation of Annotations
* Fix failure to parse PDF with damaged internal structure.
(Bugs #29189 #3870)
* Add a way to access the raw text of a page
* Speed improvements when reading multiple characters from a
given Stream
* Speed improvements in the Splash backend
* Speed improvement in gray color space calculations
* Speed improvement in ICC color space calculations
* Speed improvement when reading some fonts
* Make GBool a bool instead of an int

glib:
* Add GObject introspection support
* Improve creation of Annotations
* Add a way to get the coordinates of each character of a page
* Add a way to get the page label
* Documentation improvements
* Support password protected documents in the demo
* Support for selection in the demo
* Support for adding annotationss in the demo
* Misc improvements in the internals

qt4:
* Add a way to access the raw text of a page
* Recognize "Print" as named action
* Documentation improvements

build system:
* Add option for autogen.sh to skip configure
* Nicer autogen.sh output
* Improvements when build the glib frontend with CMake

utils:
* pdftohtml: Use splash instead of external gs invocation to
render the background
* pdftohtml: Let the user specify the resolution of the
background. (Bug #29551)

cpp:
* Add a way to access the raw text of a page

+ 2 soname bumps in libpoppler.so.* and libpoppler.glib.so.*.
Please check whether your package builds against this new version of
poppler correctly if you maintain a package which requires it. The new
version has been pushed to git already but not built yet.

Regards

Marek

Michal Schmidt 09-29-2010 09:25 AM

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:07:02 +0200 Marek Kasik wrote:
> I plan to update update poppler in rawhide (Fedora 15) to new
> development version 0.15 next week (at Monday, October 4th). Changes
> against 0.14.x are:
> [...]
> Please check whether your package builds against this new version of
> poppler correctly if you maintain a package which requires it. The new
> version has been pushed to git already but not built yet.

epdfview does not build, because of an API change:
poppler 0.14 had:
char *poppler_page_get_text(PopplerPage *page,
PopplerSelectionStyle style,
PopplerRectangle *rect);
poppler 0.15 has:
char *poppler_page_get_text(PopplerPage *page);

Is poppler_page_get_selected_text() the correct replacement for the old
poppler_page_get_text() ?

Michal

Kevin Kofler 09-29-2010 08:20 PM

Michal Schmidt wrote:
> Is poppler_page_get_selected_text() the correct replacement for the old
> poppler_page_get_text() ?

Yes, but you also need to change the y coordinates, see:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/commit/?id=b257428150e2c13dcc24fd8f75e4ee2c679ab414

Kevin Kofler

Michal Schmidt 09-30-2010 11:15 PM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:20:31 +0200 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Michal Schmidt wrote:
> > Is poppler_page_get_selected_text() the correct replacement for the
> > old poppler_page_get_text() ?
>
> Yes, but you also need to change the y coordinates, see:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/commit/?id=b257428150e2c13dcc24fd8f75e4ee2c679ab414

Thanks, Kevin.

I have fixed epdfview in Rawhide and sent the patch to the upstream
developer.

Michal