Old 09-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Gregory Woodbury

Default kernel incantation needed - pata_it821x to noraid mode

In trying to help debug an issue with the ITE8212 controller I want to force
the controller out of "smart mode"

reading thrugh the source code seems to indicate that adding
** pata_821x=noraid

to the kernel command line should do the trick, but I may be missing something.
Would some kind kernel guru please provide the right incantation?

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury

Old 09-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Kyle McMartin

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 06:56:48PM -0400, Gregory Woodbury wrote:
> In trying to help debug an issue with the ITE8212 controller I want to force
> the controller out of "smart mode"
>
> reading thrugh the source code seems to indicate that adding
> pata_821x=noraid
>
> to the kernel command line should do the trick, but I may be missing
> something.
> Would some kind kernel guru please provide the right incantation?

pata_it821x.noraid=1 on the cmdline should do it.

--Kyle

Old 09-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Gregory Woodbury

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Kyle McMartin <kyle@mcmartin.ca> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 06:56:48PM -0400, Gregory Woodbury wrote:

> In trying to help debug an issue with the ITE8212 controller I want to force

> the controller out of "smart mode"

> reading thrugh the source code seems to indicate that adding

> * *pata_821x=noraid

> to the kernel command line should do the trick, but I may be missing

> something.

> Would some kind kernel guru please provide the right incantation?

pata_it821x.noraid=1 on the cmdline should do it.

Thank you, that worked!

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury
*