Old 09-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Michał Piotrowski

Default PostgreSQL 9 for F14?

Hi,

PostgreSQL 9 was released
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1235

Are there any chances to get this for F14? The new version supports
basic replication scenarios, so I would not have to use PgPool

Regards,
Michal

Old 09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Mark Chappell

2010/9/20 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@gmail.com>:
> PostgreSQL 9 was released
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1235
>
> Are there any chances to get this for F14? The new version supports
> basic replication scenarios, so I would not have to use PgPool

Way too late for updating the main postgres packages, but a parallel
installable postgres9 package (possibly ported over to EPEL too) would
be good...

Mark

Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Michał Piotrowski

2010/9/20 Mark Chappell <tremble@tremble.org.uk>:
> 2010/9/20 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@gmail.com>:
>> PostgreSQL 9 was released
>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1235
>>
>> Are there any chances to get this for F14? The new version supports
>> basic replication scenarios, so I would not have to use PgPool
>
> Way too late for updating the main postgres packages, but a parallel
> installable postgres9 package

Acceptable solution

> (possibly ported over to EPEL too) would
> be good...

It would be great

> Mark

Regards,